xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Playing High Defintion Movie On 360  (Read 1009 times)

PollardHimself

• Archived User
Playing High Defintion Movie On 360
« on: November 28, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »

if i were to put a high definition movie on the xbox360 from my computer would it play if so what versions of hd , i currently dont have one yet just wondering if anyone has tried it

This post has been edited by PollardHimself: Nov 29 2005, 07:21 AM

eversio11

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Are you talking about a burned copy from your computer? Or streaming it via Media Center to your Xbox?

Either way, the Xbox can only display 480p for DVDs.

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »

The dvd drive is not HD-DVD. If thats what your asking?

dracus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »

There are quite a few 720p movie trailers and game trailers you cant watch via live.

I have tried downloading vids wmv in 720p and 1080i, and 1080p.  Xbox refuses to see any source for videos save the hard disc. Attempts to stream the media with the extender feature proved to be well, not spectacular audio comes through but no video. Could be a setup issue on local machine. (3200 amd64 256 video and gig of ram. Should easily play the vids).  I have a gigbit network even though xbox360 is only 10/100 so transfer shouldn't be an issue.

I am going to continue to futz. I am hoping m$ is hearing about these little details. The 360 needs to fully support media from portable hard discs, as well and cd and dvd. I mean even with a media center PC things are dicey.

jfoster

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »

I have numerous WMV-HD clips on my MCE05 machine and they stream perfectly to the xbox, sound and all.  I am using the optical digital cable for surround sound *which also works fine*.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »

I am willing to bet that the 360 will play pay per view movies in the near future and maybe that is why they are holding out on playing hd movies....but the catch is that you can watch hd movies via the market place.

cool.gif

segaflip

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

Can you play a High Def mpeg2 file off of the DVD in the dvd drive?

tracemhunter

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

i have the 1080i versions of all 3 lord of the rings movies on my pc and they are ginormous (rougly 25gb each) but i will see if they play fine when i get my premium next week and the hdtv a few weeks after.

Makrin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

HDTV  movies work
i've tried .ts files
However you have to transfer them to mpeg
they wont work just by renaming them well mine didnt
i used hdtv2mpeg -makes them really quick around 15min for a 12gb movie
When i played some movies they didnt show anything
but after i downloaded codec pack and installed it on pc
movies worked great on 360 media center.

puppydg68

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Makrin @ Nov 29 2005, 07:41 PM) *

HDTV  movies work
i've tried .ts files
However you have to transfer them to mpeg
they wont work just by renaming them well mine didnt
i used hdtv2mpeg -makes them really quick around 15min for a 12gb movie
When i played some movies they didnt show anything
but after i downloaded codec pack and installed it on pc
movies worked great on 360 media center.

Confirm, you installed a codec pack on your PC, which allowed the HDTV2MPEG videos to work.  The same videos that showed as blank on previous attempts?   If so, which codec pack.

I've been working on getting .TS files and .TP files to run on xbox 360, and they work well, but not perfectly, although I suspect it's possibly in the conversion..  ie.. I have tombraider 1080i in .TS which is 108 TS files.   Using HDTV2MPEG just gave me one large file with only a grey background, no video/audio.   If I converted using VideoReDo the video is perfect, but the audio sync is off throughout the entire film.

.TP files same thing when using VideoReDo I get video glitches occasionally and the audio sync is off.   I have not been able to convert a .TP within HDTV2MPEG.   Additionally for X360 you can not simply rename the .TS or .TP file to mpg, it doesn't work.

It would be awesome to get some of my HDTV .TS collection streaming to Xbox360, any assistance would be of great help.

PS. for those who really want to show off your xbox 360's HD capabilities, look for the Hitachi HDTV demo, and the Pioneer HDTV demos (a.b.hdtv)..  They are encoded at about 23Mb/sec and look stunning when streamed to the Xbox360.. Of course, I'm still getting minor glitching and audio sync problems.

mremulator

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 02:36:00 AM »

I'm trying to find out if you can simply pop a WMV HD DVD into the XBOX 360'S DVD-ROM and get it to play?
Nobody seems to know for sure... strange because there are quite a few of these DVD's out there.

zombie4rave

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »

I've downloaded a few clips from hdclips.net and renamed the .ts files to .mpg. They seem to work fine.

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(zombie4rave @ Dec 1 2005, 01:07 AM) View Post

I've downloaded a few clips from hdclips.net and renamed the .ts files to .mpg. They seem to work fine.

When I try to play .ts files they play fine I have HDTVPump installed on my pc http://www.dvbportal...jects/hdtvpump/

puppydg68

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Beelzabub @ Dec 1 2005, 12:32 AM) *

When I try to play .ts files they play fine I have HDTVPump installed on my pc http://www.dvbportal.de/projects/hdtvpump/

Thanks I'll try that.. How do you play multi .TS files like movies?
is there an easy way to combine it  Also do you need to Rename from .ts to .mpg for xbox 360 to see it?

jfoster

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 04:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Beelzabub @ Nov 30 2005, 07:32 PM) View Post

When I try to play .ts files they play fine I have HDTVPump installed on my pc http://www.dvbportal...jects/hdtvpump/

Thats very interesting.  I wonder if something similar exists for DivX?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6