xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox / Playstation Mods In Pittsburgh, Pa  (Read 161 times)

xbfan703

• Archived User
Xbox / Playstation Mods In Pittsburgh, Pa
« on: July 06, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Xbox / Playstation Modification Service
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONTACT INFORMATION:

Phone: Bob Collier (412) 401-3693
    -or-
E-mail: [email protected]

(In the Subject line please include the word 'XBOX' or 'PLAYSTATION' so I know it's not junk mail)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

< I am an Electronic Technician with over 20 years experience and have done numerous Xbox and PS1/PS2 Mod Chip Installations. >

< PS1 or PS2 Mod Chip Installations... Professional installation of the mod chip of your choice. >
-------------------------------------------------------------
< I can do any Xbox modifications: including but not limited to the following: >

Mod Chip Installation     USB Controller Modifications
     Hard Drive Upgrade        128 MB Ram Upgrade
     Bios Flashing
    ***** NEWEST SERVICE OFFERED: DUAL HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION *****

{Two hard drives installed in your Xbox Console} allowing you to switch quickly from one hard drive to the other, thus potentially doubling your storge space. All Dual Hard drive installations include the following Free: toggle switch and installation (to switch drives) and LEDS to indicate which Hard drive is in use.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
< Hard Drive Upgrades include free of charge installation of mini cooling fan to provide extra cooling for the larger Hard Drive. >
-----------------------------------------------------------
< All Installations include the Dashboard of your choice (though I recommend the Avalaunch Dashboard). If you have no preference then EvolutionX will be installed. >
----------------------------------------------------------
< All Service includes free installation of any/or all of the following software: >

Boxplorer     Xbox Media Player
DVD2XBOX      Xbox Media Center
DVDx2         LinksBox (Web Browser)

Emulators for the following Game Systems:

NES   (Nintendo)
SNES  (Super Nintendo)
N64   (Nintendo 64)
Gameboy Advance
PS1   (Playstation 1)
Atari (Atari 800)

Others available also.

Gentoox Linux or Debian Linux

-----------------------------------------------------
< If you are going to purchase the Modchip for installation it is recommended that you purchase the Xecutor Pro Modchip. >

< Customer provided Mod Chips and Hard Drives must be brand new. >
< All Service includes Complete testing before and after any work done. >
< All installations include advice in the use of installed applications and Flash FXP, Qwix setup advice. >
---------------------------------------------------
< Any questions will be gladly answered at any time before and after completion of any type of modifications. >

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Information:

Phone: Bob Collier (412) 401-3693
-or-
E-mail: [email protected]

(In the Subject line please include the word 'XBOX'or 'PLAYSTATION' so I know it's not junk mail)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

WampaOne

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks for the great and affordable mod.  All of your help was and still is much appreciated.  Thanks again.

-Mike

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

I was just at Bob's house the other night where I watched him do some repair work to a severely damaged Xbox motherboard - very impressive work.  If you are in need of serious repair this is certainly the man to go to.  He also showed me some of his own custom modifications including the dual HD and selector kit.  Once again, very well thought out and implemented (the miniature fans used to create airflow and venting around the 2nd HD were so cool).  His level of technical expertise, communication, and thoroughness are exactly what the Scene needs.  

If you are looking for:
----Quality modchip installs and patient support
----Serious damage repair (well beyond what other 'hobbyist' installers are equipped to handle - Bob has been doing this professionally for 20 years and has full access to a lab and high end tools)
----Difficult hardware modifications or upgrades (extra RAM, dual HD in stock case, etc...)

Bob should be on your shortlist of people who truly know what they are doing in this business.

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »

Thank you guys for the nice comments. And for bringing your Xbox repair and mod chip installs to me to have done.

Any one in need of a mod chip install, TSOP FLASH EEPROM Write enable Points bridged, ram upgrade, customized modifification of any kind, and/or damaged motherboard such as burnt or lifted solder pads, torn broken traces let me know I can in most cases repair any type of damage such as this. I have access to specialized tools and equipment and many years of experience with surface mount soldering and circuit board repair.

Thanks again guys.... Bob (xbfan703)

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »

I am accepting out of state mods and repairs for Xbox and Playstation 2

Also if you need a version 1.6 Xbox modded I can take care of that. I have many years experience with circuit board repair and running the necessary jumpers required for a 1.6 mod is no problem.

slickbananapete

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 11:00:00 AM »

Bob is GREAT.  I sent my XBox too him he had a fast turn around time, answered all my super-newbie questions, and included a bunch of surpirses in my XBox.  He is awesome and I recomend him to anyone who want their XBox modded or a hard drive installed.  By the way he installed a mod chip and a hard drive for me.

dmbigeyedfish

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »

Bob is an awesome guy he is really nice and he hooked me up.  He Modded my xbox and put in a new Harddrive and installed the dashboard for me.  He is really good and i would recommend him to anyone.  He really knows what he is talking about.  He modded my 1.6 xbox and it was the 1st 1.6 that he had ever done.  I watched him do it and he got it to work the 1st time.  So if you need your xbox modded he is your man for the job.  Thanks alot Bob

Ryan  

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

Thank all you guys for your kind comments... I am glad you are all  pleased with your modded xboxs and hope you have lots of fun using them.

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

I notice many posting looking for installers in regions all across the US....  I do in-state and out of state mods... if you are having difficulty finding someone close to where you live you can ship your xbox to me and I will quickly and professionally complete the work for you and ship it right back. Thanks.

Bob (xbfan703)

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 09:59:00 PM »

I am now also doing TSOP flash modifications as well as mod chip installs, hard drive upgrades and Xbox / PS2 modifications.  Should you live in PA or out-of-state I can do any type of repairs and modifications you may wish to have done.  All out of state return shipments are sent Insured so your investment is secure.  Thanks.

Bob (xbfan703)

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

:)  

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

For those customers who perfer to phone rather than email... my phone number has changed... the new number is (412) 901-3277

Thanks Bob (xbfan703)

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

:rolleyes:  

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

I am now manufacturing Hard Drive Switcher Cables which are custom built to your needs.  The cable comes as a plug and play unit... no soldering required to install. It will allow you to switch between two hard drives... selecting the hard drive you wish to boot your xbox up with and features a toggle switch all the necessary hdd power connectors and indicator LEDS.  Great for those who desire extra storage space for your xbox games and applications, Linux and is great for those who want to play xbox games on Xbox Live.

xbfan703

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

:)