xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Theory On Possible "shortages"  (Read 96 times)

1337kyo

• Archived User
A Theory On Possible "shortages"
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »

could it be possible M$ has only put out so few 360's knowing they were going to have (as we have seen) a good amount of problems and with so few out this gives them a chance to go deeper in it and start fixing what is wrong?  just a theory as to why so little are being shipped out.  i know its probably not true but i was just thinking it was a possibility they are doing that to get the problems fixed faster for future buyers

Math1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »

Or just maybe... maybe... they are actually doing exactly what they say and are making and shipping them as fast as they can?

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

could be

skierdb526

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

im believing their plains, trains, and boats story

rzanwu36

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

no, but i think it is possible that they have A LOT more planned to be shipped before XMAS than they are letting on, like the 18th at best buy... i find it hard to believe that a company like MS would miss on the huge holiday sales they could gain, esp with all the demand for 360's... of course there are physical limits to how many can be made, though, so who knows...

IAmCanadian

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »

I beleive they are shipping them as fast as they can.

They can make what, 100 an hour per factory? they said they had 2 factories running 24/7, making 4800 per day, shipping those out to probobly one state, spread between a ton of stores, creating the problem of only 5-6 per store.. BUT, I think they're holding them back so they can get to 7 states a week, so it makes it better... but what do I know?

oh yeah, forgot they need to ship to canada, europe, all the other countries too.

this is just my guess. they could be making double the xbox's

futureshop just sold out today, across the province, all futureshops sold out in 2 minutes.

1337kyo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »

well i know they got tons more planned for xmas shipping but i meant is a possibility of why its taking longer then what you would think

jm2u

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »

Let me say this:  Anyone who uses M$ for MS, you come off sounding like you are 12 and any argument you could make holds no bearing with me.

This post has been edited by jm2u: Dec 9 2005, 01:25 AM

Cog

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »

Personally, im of the opinion that ms has been shipping them out every week, to distribution centers, its up to them to ship them out to thier stores.

Wal-mart has a stockpile, Target has a stockpile (and they have been shipping them to stores) and so does bestbuy.

TVR_Fan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

I reckon some of the people who work on the 360's have been slacking off in the factories. Think what it will be like a week before Christmas, it will be madness.

All the factory staff will be like headless chickens lol.