xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Having Xlink Connection Problems  (Read 93 times)

Zerovande2

• Archived User
Having Xlink Connection Problems
« on: November 07, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

To my understanding, there's problems using wireless adapters on PC's to communicate with the Xbox.  I copy and pasted this from Xlink website:

The following connection methods are acceptable:

• Routers, either wired or wireless.
• 2 network interface cards (one connected to a modem, the other to a console)
• A combination of hubs and switches
• Wireless *

* Wireless connections from the PC running XLink Kai are not supported unless the wireless card can support promiscuous mode. However, we recommend that the PC running XLink Kai remains wired (to the router or access point) with a CAT-5 Ethernet cable.Your console can be wirelessly connected, through the use of a Wireless Gaming Adapter or Wireless Ethernet Bridge. Consult your documentation or manufacturer's website for assistance in wireless networking.

DOitMAN

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 12:12:00 AM »

Yes, i've read that. My box is connected to the PC with a Crossover cable, bridged to My PC internet connection, which is a wireless PC card.

I haven't even gotten as far as trying to play any games from the xbox, or even trying to connect the whole thing.

From my understanding, It's a 2 part thing.

1: Xlink kai connects to your PC, with a reachable connection

2: your xbox connects with your PC, and completes the connection.

So, I'm not using a wireless router or adapter to connect with my  xbox, I'm using a wireless router to connect with the internet, and the xbox is connnected to my PC with a crossover cable.

thesamarchy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »

What if I have my PC on an ethernet cord going to a wireless router, and my XBOX is on the wireless adapter?

I'm having hte same problems trying to get this thing connected.

DOitMAN

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 03:59:00 AM »

I have all my problems worked out. I just turned it on and it was working. I don't know what I did, but It's working. And I LOVE it. I never had Xbox LIVE, so this is really great.