xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: The Thread for a *possible* new banning system  (Read 1204 times)

Hinotori

• Archived User
The Thread for a *possible* new banning system
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (A.Z.BEST® @ Oct 22 2004, 07:00 PM)
ph34r.gif Hm... just wait for some info from Optimus. If it's not it (hdd s/n), so I have no fuckin' idea what else can it be to cause bannings.

And please, someone, try to test HDD erasing. I've written a bit about it earlier...

Hmmm.... I have a friend who has some EEPROMs left and also is in this ban-ban-ban situation... We said he can try it, but just on sunday, now he is working and will work on saturday too.... If no tests until them, he will.

Hinotori

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (fruitbat04 @ Oct 22 2004, 07:45 PM)
Bad news guys - Banned sad.gif

Hey man, this is some news... maybe, then, the LPC theory is getting some more information.... I'm sorry about you being banned, but now, it is possible that they are reading LPC bus to check if there is something there, and if there is, what is the content of it....

Unless your XBOX is v1.6 XBOX, then this theory is just another one going to be flushed....

fruitbat04

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

OK I am going to try 1 more thing. I've only got a couple of eeproms left and I need to keep them for when/if a definate solution is found. I'm going to try a new eeprom and also sign up for a new gamertag (have some free trials) with all new details. If this doesnt work, I can't think what else it can be.

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

you can swap HDs around all you want. I am using an eeprom of a 1.4 xbox that fried, a WD HD from a totally different xbox, and all of that on a 1.3 MB I repaired. no ban, but I have no mod in the machine anymore and the HD is completely restored to stock.

before that I got banned twice, but I had a disabled mod in the box and a 20 gig IBM HD installed. I copied over C and E 1:1, but deleted all files that were created by any homebrew apps (saves, eeprom backups, ini files etc), and all extra dashboards etc.

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

o_O I hope your EEPROM was fine, bat.

What the fuck is M$ doing? Huh... Let's wait for some info from Optimus. I have no more ideas about what's happening.

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

rotfl.gif .

I am not banned and I don't fuckin' get it anymore.

Nothing more is the same for all the banned consoles. But ok, let's hope you've had a bad luck. And... btw wink.gif. Try to change the DVD-ROM if you can, lol. Most people don't replace their DVD-ROMs so this may be something... but I actually don't believe it tongue.gif.

oswald

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »

but you can change hard drives, eeproms and parts all you want, you'll still have the same xbox serial number, and I believe that is what they are banning based on.  

We switched hard drives and it did not change which xbox was banned and which was not, even with fresh eeproms.

I believe the serial number is hardcoded somewhere on the motherboard.  if your serial is listed as being banned before, you WILL be banned again, it might not happen immediately, but it will happen.  

I don't think they have new modchip detection mechanisms, its the old tests, now they just keep track of what xboxes they have banned by the unchangeable serial number.  After several changes of hard drives, eeproms and other parts, my xbox serial number on the live screens still match what is printed on the bottom of my xbox case.

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

biggrin.gif.

PhatheadWRX

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

AZ - does the EEPROM contain the HD serial?

handles25

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

I dont think anyone listened to me before so Im going to give my two cents again.

I modded a buddies Xbox.  IT was a 1.6 but I swapped him MBs due to using an aladdin Advance 64 and for the most part on the 1.6 it HAS to be always on and he wanted to be able to use LIVE.

I FUCKED UP and didnt back up his origanal HD.  I ended up loading an older MS dash that live had been played on LIVE with a different GT.  I also gave him a 30 gig HD.

He had a Live account before and recovered it.  Hes never been banned and hes not having any problems with banning for the better part of a week now.  So lets recap here

1)He had a live account and never had been banned prior to the mod.

2)He is using a different MB and HD(30gig(im assuming EEPROM also)) then what he signed on with initally.

3)He is not using his original HD files for the MS dash they are GONE.  Its one I had laying around that had been on live before.

If they are scanning HD and MB "keys" then they are only doing it IF you have been banned ie blacklisted in the past.

I think if you are blacklisted they are going to extreme measures to scan the HD and or MB.  If you have not they are not looking at you.

Look what Im saying is my fuck up is drawing conclusions that they are not scanning the HD and MB if they dont have reason to.  Not backing up his HD is key to all this.  Could be the best mistake ever!

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (PhatheadWRX @ Oct 22 2004, 08:12 PM)
AZ - does the EEPROM contain the HD serial?

Nope.

handles25

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (l4z4ru5 @ Oct 22 2004, 08:28 PM)
I’ve had a 120 in my xbox since evox came out. I have never been banned from live and have been using it since the beta. I swapped my 120 for a 300 two weeks ago and am not banned at present.

AFAIK Intel CPUs contain serial numbers. Perhaps MS are banning CPU serial numbers, bit of a bugger to swap a CPU  biggrin.gif

See my post above.  Its not the ANY of the chips on the MB or the MB or the HD or the dash or the eeprom if youve never been banned.  ALL of that shit is different from what my friend sighned wp with and he's currently usinng the same GT and LIVE account.

IF YOUVE NEVER BEEN BANNED YOU CAN SWAP ANYTHING OUT AND KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT AND GT!!!  Or so it seems at this point in time.

people that are blacklisted Im sorry but without a new retail box I think your fucked.  If Im GT CHEESEGOAT and I got banned once then I think they are looking at the HD and perhaps the MB and rebanning.  If I buy a new retail box and make CHEESEGOAT again they will tie all that retail box info to your "file"(DONT GET BANNED AND YOU WONT HAVE A "FILE") and it will work fine UNLESS you change the HD/MB/DASH.

This is just what Ive noticed.  I could be wrong but all signs are pointing to MS going harder at people that have been banned before.  I dont think they could scan every HD out there.  Why not just scan the "shit list" peoples drives or MB???

They can and will scan the HD and MB IMHO.  Now what did theses users do to piss them off so bad they are watching them like hawks??

1)got banned before.

2)(this is just a wild guess) have Halo 2 files on the HD

Hinotori

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (handles25 @ Oct 22 2004, 08:41 PM)
See my post above.  Its not the ANY of the chips on the MB or the MB or the HD or the dash or the eeprom if youve never been banned.  ALL of that shit is different from what my friend sighned wp with and he's currently usinng the same GT and LIVE account.

IF YOUVE NEVER BEEN BANNED YOU CAN SWAP ANYTHING OUT AND KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT AND GT!!!  Or so it seems at this point in time.

people that are blacklisted Im sorry but without a new retail box I think your fucked.  If Im GT CHEESEGOAT and I got banned once then I think they are looking at the HD and perhaps the MB and rebanning.  If I buy a new retail box and make CHEESEGOAT again they will tie all that retail box info to your "file"(DONT GET BANNED AND YOU WONT HAVE A "FILE") and it will work fine UNLESS you change the HD/MB/DASH.

This is just what Ive noticed.  I could be wrong but all signs are pointing to MS going harder at people that have been banned before.  I dont think they could scan every HD out there.  Why not just scan the "shit list" peoples drives or MB???

They can and will scan the HD and MB IMHO.  Now what did theses users do to piss them off so bad they are watching them like hawks??

1)got banned before.

2)(this is just a wild guess) have Halo 2 files on the HD

No way... There are people who were never banned before and were banned after 16 without a modchip on.

I still believe, there are modchips that are vulnerable and readable thru the LPC even tough the non retail bios is not loaded.

About the ban-ban-ban situation, there are two options. I could be right and there are modchips that simply are being detect, even tough they are suposed to be "off", this would explain why you keep getting banned, or the second option is A.Z. statement, they must be using processor ID, and that is it. Because console serial number is in the EEPROM, since they record the serial number at the factory, it is well know that the serial number is in the EEPROM, when you change it for another, you change the console serial number.

And if they are using processor ID, there is no way to unban a console anymore, period. Hope this is not the case. If it is certain models of LPC mod chips, then you could just put a switch to really turn that thing off of your Motherboard.

Maybe someone that is in the ban-ban-ban situation can try to put a new EEPROM and then detach the modchip, and keep without the modchip for at least 3 or 4 days and keep using XBOX Live! and see if will get banned.... Someone who has a pin header on the LPC bridge for example.... If he/she is not banned, then, it is the modchip thing... If is not, then sure is the processor ID or other ID that is readable and not changeable (I don't know, maybe nVIDIA chipset has an unique ID as well??)...

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2004, 01:13:00 PM »

Ok now that really sux!

I'm going to try the new hdd and new eeprom method as well, but with a new account.

I'll let you guys know how it goes tonight....

CloakedHunter

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »

Have we completely ruled out the hard drive theory or what?
Have we had any news from Optimus?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17