xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: The Thread for a *possible* new banning system  (Read 1203 times)

furious_one

• Archived User
The Thread for a *possible* new banning system
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

Regardless of whether you put in a halo 2 disk and updated, everyone with a modded xbox(except the lucky few) will eventually have gotten banned. I think the halo2 update was just a way instantly ban you from live.

JRShof

• Archived User
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

I have always played on XBL. I had a Xenium Ice and Westerndigital 120hdd, with evox instaled. I always played moto gp2 burnout 3 and splinter cell no problem. The night before halo2 came out i changed my xboxdash.xbe and it would no longer work. I could not connect to XBL. I tried fixing with no luck. So I pulled out the stock hdd (it also had evox installed on it). I got the update because it was an old hdd, it didnt even have the option for XBL on the dashboard. Then i popped in the halo2 never played before and got the update. I played for 2 nights then on the 3rd day i got banned. I have never been banned before so i dont know what the deal is... It almost had to scan the hdd right?

Team_X-tender

• Archived User
« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »

Seems like the only way to be 100% sure not to get banned is to keep your original Hard Drive clean and get the X-tender for your big Hard Drive. What do you guys think?

(>Stormy<)

• Archived User
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »

Hello all.
Okay I have a version 1.0 xbox.  An xecuter 2.0b modchip with the switch, using the bios that blocks live when activated.  I have files all over the place but do not have a g drive.  I am using a samsung spinpoint 120gig drive.  I have been playing Halo2 on live for four days no problems.  I went on live very rarely in the past, maybe the last time I played on live was in June.  NOT BANNED.

ver: 1
mod: xecuter 2.0b
drive: 120gig non-stock
bios: liveblocked
game tested: halo2
length: 4 days and counting...

As for marriage theory, I got live before I modded.  I did account recovery on the new drive (did not transfer with mem card).  This occured over a year ago.  Have not changed drives again since.

oh yeah and I haven't had the leaked version or any foreign saves.

andrusk

• Archived User
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2004, 01:25:00 AM »

Same thing as above.

xbox= v1.0
modchip= xecuter 2.2lite
bios= 4977
dvd=samsung
hard drive= Maxtor 120GB, no unsigned files on c or e, boots from f
status=  five days on halo 2, and still no ban.
Account recovery done because of hard drive transfer.  Account recovery occured 1 month ago.

Ive been playing halo 2 on live since tuesday night and have yet to have a problem.  I just make sure I turn the chip off and nothing has happened.  From all the talk of people with big hard drives getting banned im suprised i havent been yet.  Maybe it has something to do with having an old first edition xbox, or maybe its something else.  I just know I wont be flashing anything or changing any other settings so long as live still works.

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (RoboChicken @ Nov 15 2004, 01:30 AM)
Sorry if I missed something - this thread is too big to read all the way through.

One of my customers has been playing on live with no problems.

He's got an X2.3b Lite and the stock hard drive - xbox dash only

He just turns the chip off and everything works fine.

you missed alot... for some reason MOST people with large hard drives are getting baned and not the ones with stock.

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2004, 05:22:00 AM »

smile.gif.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (chaos6401 @ Nov 15 2004, 04:41 PM)
im wondering if the name of the dashboard has something to do with it.  I have evox installed and the original MS dash is named msxboxdash.  Should it be named that or the original xboxdash?

I think you get banned if your xboxdash isn't actually the MS dash.

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #248 on: November 15, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »

xboxdash

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (A.Z.BEST® @ Nov 15 2004, 02:25 PM)
Maybe it's because most ppl who have modded consoles also have changed the hdds? I personally know 5 persons who have modded their boxes and are playing on XBL. Only one of them has stock hdd smile.gif.

Very Good Point.

After modding with a chip the next step is usually upgrade HD.

So maybe the link between Large and HD and Banning is corelation and not causality.

GhostHavoc

• Archived User
« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

I have yet to be banned from LIVE.

My xbox specs:

250 GB HDD
Xecuter 2.3b Lite flashed with latest evox (Bank 1)and Xecuter BIOS (Bank 2)
There are roms and games in E: and C: drive but no french saved games (or whatever you call it)

I logged on to live for the first time after I modded my system in early 2003 however, I replaced my hard drive and eeprom six months later due to hard drive failure and I accidentally banned myself. Therefore, hard drive and eeprom no longer matched. I am not saying that the hard drive and eeprom marriage is false. I think the patch/update that allows M$ to record your hard drive and eeprom was only released recently (September 2004 I heard). So if you changed your HDD and EEPROM recently, chances are you will be banned. However if you have done the replacement prior to the release of patch, you are OK.

I bought HALO 2 last week. I have been playing HALO 2 on LIVE (chip off) for 5 days now using the 250 GB hard drive and still have not been banned.  I have been playing my stored games as well. Maybe I am doing something that is preventing me from getting banned. I am not exactly sure.. but what I always do is, I connect my ethernet cable only when I am ready to play on LIVE and disconnect the cable afterward. Most of us are aware that some games attempt to connect to LIVE automatically. You will most likely to get banned if you were playing this game with chip on. So to ensure that games will not be able to connect to live, do not leave your ethernet cable connected to your xbox at all times and make sure the auto connect is disabled. Thank you

VegasRobb

• Archived User
« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »

Any news on mod chip and drives working or not working on Live?

bp193

• Archived User
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

I recentl signed up for Live. I got banned b/c of pure stupidity....i forgot about it. Anyway, i got a new eeprom and stock hdd for that eeprom, ANd i got banned last night. I made sure I did everything right. I think it is because i transfered the TDATA and UDATA folders from my "modded" HD to my stock HD. Anyway, that was a bad idea...i think they do put a file on the xbox that says what everything was like your eeprom or some file that they check.

Now i'm looking to find a new eeprom.

mbratton

• Archived User
« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(DanM602 @ Dec 18 2004, 05:16 AM)
could they be checking by the MAC addresses of the network card in the xbox? Like banning that?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]