xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: System Link Game W/ Wireless Laptop Shared Connection  (Read 102 times)

chucklesjh

• Archived User
System Link Game W/ Wireless Laptop Shared Connection
« on: February 04, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

Well here is my dilemma... I have a Mac laptop connected via Wireless.  I have the connection shared from wireless to ethernet to Xbox.  My friends have their Xbox's in other rooms that are Wired unlike this one and there is no other way for me to connect.  I can access Xbox Live but it doesn't help because not everyone here has Live anyway.

So, I am wondering if it is possible to access System Link games with a shared ethernet connection from another computer.  I figured it would work as long as the subnet was the same but alas, it did not work.  Any ideas?

Thanks
-chucklesjh

[Captain_America]

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

I'm assuming you are talking about connecting to XBC or another similar tunneling program. Yes it is possible. First, you need to have an ethernet port on your laptop as well as the wireless connection. Go to controll panel, network connections, go to the properties of the local area network connection, then the advanced tab, and make sure you check the box that says "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection". Then, just use a crossover cable between your laptop and xbox. I just realized that you are using a mac laptop. Just make shure the LAN connection is shared.

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

How can you not have the ablility to do a wired connection? You could buy a switch to split your port up if there's only one in he room or something along those lines. To my knowledge, there's no current Mac software that runs on the Mac, however XLink can probably help you with using their XBMC counterpart. If you can use XBL I'm going to imagine Xlink will have no difficulty in finding a connection, and it does not require a pc (that I can remember) I would hit up their forums real fast like and ask them, c-2 is a moderator over there as well, he may see this post. But if you and all your friends run Xlink, you'd be good to go.