xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Theory  (Read 82 times)

andreo

• Archived User
My Theory
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2002, 10:11:00 PM »

I also have a question. Did anyone by chance do the NFL2k3 fix and then have problems right after doing it?
I ask because that's when I had problems. Live worked on Saturday Nov. 9). Me and a friend played a game of MotoGP. Then I started messing around with the 2k3 fix on DVD. I tried the game on Monday (Nov. 11) and right after I tried the game I couldn't connect anymore. This was before I put the retail version of Live in the console (yes, I was a beta tester). I've never had a chance for any other game to ask me to update anything. 2k3 was the last thing that worked for me. I have to wonder if taking a closer look at the update files for 2k3 may yield some answers.

oneeyedelf

• Archived User
My Theory
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2002, 10:13:00 PM »

I think opjose, shows signs of extreme intelligence by staying out of threads like these, as I aint a xbox hacker, thats all I got to go on.

Bificus Beefy M.D

• Archived User
My Theory
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2002, 10:22:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  This is not the time for in fighting!!

jcsickz

• Archived User
My Theory
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2002, 12:36:00 AM »

beerchug.gif  biggrin.gif

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
My Theory
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2002, 12:39:00 AM »

jcsickz, if you haven't been banned yet, but were thinkin bout gettin aonther xbox to use for xbox live, take a look at this:

http://xbox-scene.fx...f840461aef24947

hopefully opjose will read it and comment on it soon.

opjose

• Archived User
My Theory
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2002, 01:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (bjork @ Nov 20 2002, 10:58 PM)
here's my theory:

opjose is a little 14 year old living in arkansas. he never gets much attention at school, and all the girls think he's "yucky". suddenly, everyone on these boards think he's like the fucking messiah, because he claims to have a modded xbox that can connect to XBL with NO PROBLEMS, even though all the rest of us can't.

we're obviously amazed with his l33t modchip haXor prowess, and all his threads get linked to [h]ard|ocp, xboxhacker, etc...

opjose's ego inflates, and he writes archaic posts that cause more confusion than clarification. of course he has 6 xboxes "just lying around"! hell, i have 15.

has anyone else noticed the opjose fanclub forming here? am i the only "scully" among all you "mulders" that are just DYING TO BELIEVE?

my xbox is chipped. i can't connect.

Lol!

Actually I am old enough to wish I were 14 again, especially if I could retain what I know know. Boy that would be wonderful.

Messiah? Hmmm.

Hardly, last time I tried walking on water I fell into the pool.

And yes I still have a working modded Xbox which can still connect to live because I followed the precautions I posted in other threads.

Damn I didn't realize that [h]ard
  • cp had linked to one of my threads.

Now I'm really going to have to watch it. Thanks.

I do NOT have 6 xboxes laying, I have 7 at the moment, thank you.

You say you have 15, yet you are bitching about not being able to get onto XBLive?

Hmmm this makes no sense, you are either foolish, or both.

My Xbox is chipped too, and I CAN connect.

I've reported my experimentation, findings, and have sacrificed numerous machines to try to turn up something constructive and HOW to get around the problems.

Strange, I don't really see anything equivalent which we can look at coming from you...

As far as the X-files reference, somehow you seem to feel that this is a competition which you are loosing, hence the reprehensible personal attacks for no apparent reason.

I guess this exhibits some deep seated insecurities. I feel rather sorry for you. Life is going to teach you a few things rather cruelly I believe.

opjose

• Archived User
My Theory
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2002, 01:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (ciscoflash @ Nov 21 2002, 12:19 AM)
Not that I agree with bjork.  I do have to question opjose and some of his discoveries.  While I truly appreciate his efforts (who has done more than most), he had made statements that just went totaly against what was really ocurring.  If anyone remembers, he did insist at one point that M$ was not banning SN#, but I think we all knew they do.

His latest piece of info is that the update for XBL will set a "flag" if you drop to dashboard and then inform M$ next time you log on to XBL.  I would like to know more about this, but I am suspecting it is speculation and not fact.

--ciscoflash

The entire process is one of discovery and scientific experimentation.

Something that was true before, may not be true today, as is the case with the "update" changing matters.

Yes M-icrosoft WAS NOT banning serial numbers. Their rather sneaky technique to "get you" after the fact fooled me too.

Of course that was their intent.

Consider that they took money from the beta testers, utilized them to try out their mod chip schemes, then shut the modders down surrepiticiously.

Nice guys, eh?

Re: FLAG

No it is not speculation and I have two non-connecting machines that acted as test cases to prove this. I've posted HOW it works elsewhere.

If you care to sacrifice a few machines yourself to find the EXACT details, please do so and post your results.

It would indeed help narrow down the scope of what needs to be looked at.

We've been discussion this in another thread if you'd care to join.

bjork

• Archived User
My Theory
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2002, 12:49:00 PM »

You say you have 15, yet you are bitching about not being able to get onto XBLive?

i was being fecicious...

somehow you seem to feel that this is a competition which you are loosing

no.... i'm just tired of the "gospel"...

i guess that's why i avoid churches.

opjose

• Archived User
My Theory
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2002, 01:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (bjork @ Nov 21 2002, 07:49 PM)

i was being fecicious...

somehow you seem to feel that this is a competition which you are loosing

no.... i'm just tired of the "gospel"...

i guess that's why i avoid churches.

In any public forum, there are those who speculate, there are those who speculate and assert, there are those who speculate, test and assert, and finally those who do all of the above and are either proved or disproved.

As with any theory or finding confirming reports are the key.

"Gospel" is cited here to try to prevent the uninitiated from trying something inherently dangerous. The neophytes have a tendancy to do EVERYTHING listed in these forums, when they should really calm down and wait!

One person asked how to reprogram the eeprom, so I posted a message in response, and lo and behold it was posted on the front page and other web pages.

I had no idea that this would be the case, and really wish this had not been done!

It's like sharing an embarassing and private secret with a best friend only to find it front page news!

Not good at all!!!!!

Today the same thing happened again with the eeprom post.

Team assembly didn't post a simple but hugely important clarification.
Namely that they used an eeprom from an unbanned machine!

This invalidates what was posted on the front page as a fix for banning.

Sigh, now everyone will be pissed at the poster who put THAT up, as were flamers around here when I was talking about serial numbers & mod chips.

Pages: 1 [2]