xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Forza Motorsport  (Read 112 times)

obiecent

• Archived User
Forza Motorsport
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »

THis is going to be an extensive review:

Firstly i stuck the game in my box and thought lets give this a blast. Loads up created the new profile and im away. Firstly in carrer mode. CHoose between Europe, Asia and america. SO europe it was. ANd a extensive slection for a first car and chose the Saab. Rite first race.

Race 1-

Ok so away from the line. first corner not to bad. racing down cuts inside the A.I for 3rd and bam the A.i decides thats not a good idea and pushes my car off the road... So restart. Off again , on the outside past the A.I, next corner and far fast slammed the brakes and the car just like real life slides and locks, ABS cuts in and i turn and sliding off. After a painstaking 30mins of a learning curve the first race complete.

Graphics- 9 1/2 backgrounds amazin and the cars are realisitc.

Gameplay- 10/10 , 40hrs + witha 30mins learning curve, cars handle like real cars, upgrades and modifies to the outside..

Sounds- 9 1/2 Custom, and rock as the preset ones not to bad. Cars sounds great, the locking of tires, metal crunching and even the rev of the engine down to a T.

Overall- 9 3/4  its worth a buy and the xbox live is grand, swapping cars and racing round with friends...
IF u think GT4 is good buy this and be amazed i own both and prefer this... Forza is another great realise

Obiel

Devedander

• Archived User
Forza Motorsport
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

Not what I would call a comprehensive review but I agree with most of your points.

Do yourself a big favor, turn off all the driving aids (and only use sugested line for a few laps until you get a feel for the track) this game was meant to be a simulator and will only really show you it's potential when you play it as such.  With driving aids the game is so hampered it doesn't really play very well.

jpx72x

• Archived User
Forza Motorsport
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Devedander @ May 6 2005, 01:30 PM)
Do yourself a big favor, turn off all the driving aids (and only use sugested line for a few laps until you get a feel for the track) this game was meant to be a simulator and will only really show you it's potential when you play it as such.  With driving aids the game is so hampered it doesn't really play very well.