xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo 2 Not Working?!  (Read 125 times)

Kadiblov

• Archived User
Halo 2 Not Working?!
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Farsinchia @ Nov 10 2006, 01:06 AM) View Post

Hey everyone I have tried playing halo 2 on my modded xbox but for some reason it never works it will load up and get to the pick name screen or whatever then it freezes it has been doing this FOREVER i would really enjoy being able to play over xbc but i cant figure this out if anyone has any ideas please please post them i need to figure this out!!!!

You probably upgraded your HDD... Take a look at this article.
http://www.neoseeker...ews/story/4066/

Halo 2 Locking Modders off Xbox Live
Terren Tong - Monday, November 15th, 2004 | 9:53AM (PST)

Halo 2 locking out modified Xboxes from Xbox Live service

News.com is reporting that Halo 2 owners with a modified Xbox are unexpectantly getting locked out of the Xbox Live service.  
Recent updates to the Xbox Live service, made just before Tuesday's release of "Halo 2" was set to touch off a huge surge in Xbox Live subscriptions, appear to go much further, however. The service now apparently checks the console's hard drive and boots any machine with storage different than the 8GB or 10GB hard drive originally supplied with the console. Hard drive upgrades are one of the most common hacks for the Xbox, allowing it to serve as a digital media jukebox.
This is covered in the EULA for the Xbox live service but it is still worrisome. I can understand the need to check for mod chips to cut down on piracy but for something as mundane as a hard drive upgrade it seems that Microsoft is going a bit far. I have read claims to the effect that end user replacement DVD drives were also affected. Imagine the ruckus that would happen if Microsoft disabled the TCP/IP stack in Windows if a cdkey did not match up or something.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Halo 2 Not Working?!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

going on live with any game using a hacked bios will result in not being able to sign in and a ban. you also cannot play the game off of the HDD on live either.

with that said, try clearing E\cache and the X,Y,Z drives. use the newest version of dvd2xbox which is 7.2. if you are using a disc, look for scratches, fingerprints, etc. clean the disc and use a skip doctor if necessary. also try cleaning your DVD drives lens with a lens cleaner.