xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Am So Happy!  (Read 40 times)

maximusg

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« on: April 02, 2003, 11:47:00 PM »

Hello all... So here is the story... I was lokking at my isp's site the other day and i found a adsl deal with unlimmeted usage limmits... Yes, first in Australia i think... and any way i asked the almighty ones (parents), and after explaining it to them that it would be cheaper then what iam doing now with dial up (phone call every 2 hours, line rental...) they agreed!!! So i was about to sign up and they said to make sure that you have a telephone exchange that is within 4-5 km from your house - yes, that al cool its just down the road... and you may aswell check if you telephone exchange is adsl capable... so i went to the telstra site and guess what... i am in one of the very few exchanges that can not get adsl :( ... At first i could not believe it.. after months waiting for a decent deal it was down to retarded telstra to supply me with the goods... so i said stuff it ...

Three days later... i ask my ISP is there anything i can do... he says you may want to look into to satellite... at first i was like as if. But after talking to my father he was surprisingly acceptive of the situation and agreed to buy me my very own satellite!!! So i contact my isp again and he says that we are going to have 2 way satellite available soon and we will be looking into the deals...

So now i play the waiting game...

Wait for my ISP to bring a decent deal on 2 way satellite..

-or-

Wait for the phone company to make my exchangre adsl enabled...

which one do you think will happen first and wich one do you think i should get if they both come soon

This post has been edited by maximusg: Apr 3 2003, 07:49 AM

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 11:53:00 PM »

Satellite is NOT the way to go for internet. I've had ALL my friends switch to cable that were using Satellite. The problem? When ever there's a BAD day (weather) you won't get jack for a connection. Even on cloudy days, you get a very slow connection. Don't forget that Downloading will be fast, but uploading is another story. You have a HUGE dish sending you stuff, but from earth, it's a whole different ball game..

I'd go with ADSL if that's available..

maximusg

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 11:59:00 PM »

Well... i am looking into to 2 way satellite wich means the upload will be fast.. but i will ask about the weather thing..

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 05:19:00 AM »

in the UK, theres a large number of ADLS exchanges that do not have ADSL enabled. These have trigger levels, where if X amount of people register interest they'll set a date to enable it, and if around 2/3 of those who registered an interest sign up for ADSL then they'll enable the exchange.

im guessing they'll use a similar system in Australia, ask them - see what the trigger level is and how near they are to it (should be able to get that info, no reason why not).

if its a long way off, get satelltie (hey its better than dialup)

Ace25

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

Just remember, you CAN NOT play games on Satellite broadband, not even XBConnect games, the lag to go from earth, to space, and back down to earth is a lot worse than a 56k connection. Just typing in a website takes 5-10 seconds to start to load.. but once it stats loading then its fast. So, if you just want the Satellite for downloading files, that will be ok, just don't expect to be able to play any online games with Satellite.

MUTHAPHUQA1999

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 07:46:00 AM »

Hey ace, that sh*t in your signature is a fake right?

AdmStng

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 07:46:00 AM »

whats the upload on those connections? can u run servers under the TOS? they close any ports?  and how much a month?

This post has been edited by AdmStng: Apr 3 2003, 03:47 PM

switzch

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 08:01:00 AM »

Glad i live in Canada, the land of FAST CHEAP broadband.. ;)

opjose

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2003, 06:19:00 PM »

How cheap?

Raised

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2003, 06:23:00 PM »

I pay 35$ CAN (23 USD)  for my cable connection.

AdmStng

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2003, 06:25:00 PM »

49.99 here... cable vision is the devil  :grr:

if your watching me i'm sorry, just don't cap me again :unsure:

eug2k

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (MUTHAPHUQA1999 @ Apr 3 2003, 11:40 AM)
Hey ace, that sh*t in your signature is a fake right?

Aperantly ace has never heard that bonsia kitten are a real and very SICK "business".(as his sig says that its fake.)  Unfortunatly this is no joke.  Some disgusting peices of shit whores put cats into bottles when they are born and grow into the bottles.  Their bones grow to the shape of the bottle and they live that way.  They feed and shit through tubes.  They are very expensive.  This is very sick and I am outraged that it's legal.

Ace25

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2003, 06:46:00 PM »

WTF are you talking about? Show me one piece of evidence to your claims. I have never heard of such a thing.. this was just a news story on the register and was funny.. but even the site if you click on my sig will show its a joke.. I've heard of growing watermelons in square bottles, but cats? Who the fuck would want that? And the hassle to keep it alive nevermind moral issues.  :blink:

AdmStng

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2003, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ Apr 3 2003, 09:40 PM)
WTF are you talking about? Show me one piece of evidence to your claims. I have never heard of such a thing.. this was just a news story on the register and was funny.. but even the site if you click on my sig will show its a joke.. I've heard of growing watermelons in square bottles, but cats? Who the fuck would want that? And the hassle to keep it alive nevermind moral issues.  :blink:

i didn't know it was a joke.. i didn't go to the site though either... i jus thought you turned into a weirdo :lol:

LepPpeR

• Archived User
I Am So Happy!
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2003, 07:04:00 PM »

I am happy with with Road Runner Cable.  Good speed and they never check shit.