xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo 2 System Link Using Xlink Kai  (Read 69 times)

kd5bwp

• Archived User
Halo 2 System Link Using Xlink Kai
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

When using XLink Kai and within system link of Halo and you trying to select a game or map to play it seems to appear for like 3 seconds max and then it's gone for the same amount of time.   What's causing this?  Is there a fix for us cheap people that don't like to play on xbox live...  It's really stupid to have to choose a map in 3 seconds especially if the map you want is at the end of the list...  I know it only happens when you have more than one game in there, and yes I also know if you have only one it will not do this.  It's just the computer is in the next room and my dash board has it built in so I would have to restart the xbox every time I want to switch arenas or use the computer in the next room...

Another question is there only one router that has the XLink Kai built in the firmware?

Stephen  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

Try going in a sub arena not just sitting on the list menu. tongue.gif

bearbubba

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 08:02:00 AM »

This issue of the games dropping off quickly was addressed in Kai's own forums.  It's a glitch in Halo2.  More specifically it's in the system link portion of the game.

It doesn't do this if you look for a game from Kai enhanced version of XBMC.  From there you can see all the games going on but the major drawback is that once you select the game, then it loads up Halo2.  So there is a delay from selecting the game till when you start playing.

Basically, you'll just have to live with it.

66Nicks

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(HamSandwhich @ Mar 29 2006, 01:10 PM) View Post

Try going in a sub arena not just sitting on the list menu. tongue.gif

the only problem with that is that by the time you gfo into a sub arena.. and then run back to the room your xbox is in.. quite often that game has been closed. So you end upo running back and forth 5-10 times going in and out of sub arenas until you get a game.
If you sit in the main arena then you get all tthe games..
Well either way is a PITA but I'd rather not keep getting off the couch so I'll live with it for now.