xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unbalanced Halo2 Killing Ability.  (Read 156 times)

guitarfrk

• Archived User
Unbalanced Halo2 Killing Ability.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »

host is a HUGE part of h2 online

absolutly right..in case you dont know what host is- host is the person randomly selected(normally player with the best connection) to "host" or provide the map for others (ie. you would be loading the hosts map , and if your host ..people load your map)

like for example ..when people mod (not me) they normally have to get host for the mods to work..thats why i just try and get host all the time( so i dont get modded)
(you can do so by turning off ur comps..or various other ways of increasing connection speed)
some people even "bridge host" which basically makes them get host (dont ask me how to do this as its against the rules)

but there are also other advantages to host...
longer shotgun range
more powerful br
bigger headshot range w./ sniper(for example ..ive missed someones head by about an inch with a sniper while i had host and it killed him)
and also longer sword range

soo all in all it is most likely a matter of connection speed

guitarfrk

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

does not gie you better accuracy or longer range. all it does is allows you to be better since you can shoot first

not to sound rude ..but your wrong...

start a custom game of swords with 2 diff xboxs on live (u and a friend) and walk towards each other til someones reticle turns red..i promise u that the hosts will turn red before the nonhost's  does/.....therefore showing longer range..do the same w/ shotty 2..except instead of ur thing turning red..just see who can kill from the farthest range..id bet 100000$ the host will

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

that would be a longer lock on range not shot range that proves nothing. you were wrong about the bigger headshot and more powerful br though. a faster connection will not give you these things.
Pages: 1 [2]