xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Supply Lines Mission (zero's Remote Controlled Plane)  (Read 285 times)

sid8

• Archived User
Supply Lines Mission (zero's Remote Controlled Plane)
« on: November 14, 2012, 02:03:00 AM »

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to go back and try that. I have not played this game since that mission. I know you don't need it to continue, but I was getting sick of missions that I had to repeat over and over again. I came close once but had no gas to return.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

WARNING: Possible spoilers, though this games been out so long I think its safe to say every thing's been said and done.

I haven’t played GTA SA in a while, and recently got back to trying to finish it. I’m up to Zero’s Missions, which are pretty hard, particularly the Supply Lines Mission, which is the mission where you control the remote controlled airplane. I figured I’d share some tips how to beat it, plus I recorded a vid so you can see a fairly efficient method of beating this mission.

Keep in mind you don’t need to beat this mission to move on, but if your interested in completing the Supply Lines Mission, then follow some of my tips and watch the vid.

VIDEO LINK - 25MB 3.5 MINUTES

TIPS:

1. Save Fuel - most will never get back to Zero's place simply because they burned all thier fuel up. When going to your next target that's far, climb high and glide, you don't need to use your fuel to glide, maybe just a little to keep your plane level. If you've kept on running out of fuel, you'll be amazed how much fuel I have left in the end of the video.

2. Diving - try and take your opponents out by climbing high and diving on them. It takes a bit to learn how to dive attack, but once mastered your opponents wont have a chance. If you master the dive attack, taking out the motorcycle is a snap.

3. Use Your Radar  - get used to locating your enemy on your radar. It gives you a chance to strategically position yourself for a good dive.

4. Left Thumbstick - use your left thumbstick to view the ground below. This will allow you to see your enemy's position.

5. Target Order - there's an efficient order in which to eliminate your enemy's. Watch the vid to see the order in which I eliminate all the targets.

6. Learn To Maneuver - learn how to properly maneuver your plane by using the black/white buttons for the rudder, and effectively operating the thumbstick. This is the hardest part, but fun once mastered.

7. Last Van - there's a van thats at the furthest part of the city from where you originally started out. Make sure you eliminate the driver operating the van. Sometimes he might jump out and run off, or get into another car. You can verify that target is eliminated by looking at your radar to see if his blip is gone.

That's about all I can think of, if anyone has some other tips please list them.

Good Luck.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »

lol. When I first tried this mission I threw down the controller and thought controlling the plane was impossible. Though, with practice, learning how to properly use the rudders (black/white) in combination with the movement of the plane, your control becomes much greater.

The one thing you really need to master is the dive. I screwed up the dives on the vans in the vid, since if perfectly executed you could blow up a van on one dive without having to go back for the kill, thereby saving even more fuel. If those dives in the vid were perfectly executed I could have finished the mission on less than a quarter of a tank.

One more TIP I forgot to add above.

Dive without using fuel - dont use any fuel upon diving, which is just a waste of fuel.