xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Custom Radio Problem  (Read 144 times)

tre1039

• Archived User
Custom Radio Problem
« on: July 20, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

Ok, so here's my situation.  I have a modded xbox with an Executor2 mod chip, and MS Dashboard.  I have networked the xbox to my home network and can successfully FTP to it via my PC.

After doing some research, I found out that using vxcr was the best way to convert and transfer songs, and create soundtracks on the xbox.  So I installed it and successfully (I think) created a playlist to test.

Here's the weird part.  When I go back to my XBox and go back into the MS Dashboard, the songs in the playlist play fine.  When I go into San Andreas though, the game does not recognize the songs.  Additionally there is some weird garbled noise in the background that sounds like music played very slowly.  This weird noise also exists when I'm in between stations/switching stations during gameplay.

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

wolf202

• Archived User
Custom Radio Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »

most likley a bug in vxcr. it always fucks up my black betty song

-wolf

tre1039

• Archived User
Custom Radio Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(wolf202 @ Jul 21 2005, 01:02 AM)
most likley a bug in vxcr. it always fucks up my black betty song

-wolf

Initially I thought that was the problem.  So I tried ripping music directly from the DVDROM to the Xbox.  I still had the same problem.

Should I try reloading the game on the HD?  and if I do that, will the new copy of the game read my curreny saved game info?

NOODLESTYLE

• Archived User
Custom Radio Problem
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 11:17:00 PM »

why don't you just try it the old fashion way? which is converting your music files to .wma format and then burning it on a cd using a program like Nero, and then going to your dashboard and loading it up from there? I did that and it works for all my games that recognizes custom soundtracks including GTA San Andreas.

tre1039

• Archived User
Custom Radio Problem
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(NOODLESTYLE @ Aug 2 2005, 02:28 AM)
why don't you just try it the old fashion way? which is converting your music files to .wma format and then burning it on a cd using a program like Nero, and then going to your dashboard and loading it up from there? I did that and it works for all my games that recognizes custom soundtracks including GTA San Andreas.

my MS Dashboard does not recognize data cd's.  When I rip straight from an audio CD to the dashboard I still have the problem.