xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Psiops Fans?  (Read 91 times)

bdto

• Archived User
Any Psiops Fans?
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »

I absolutely loved this game - anyone else?  I thought it was an absolutely wickedly-fun action game, with some of the best Havok physics around.  Was anything more fun than picking up an enemy soldier and repeatedly bashing him against the wall until he's a limp, bloody, rag doll?  Maybe throwing explosive things into crowds of Meat Puppets.  Or maybe it was psi-posessing people and forcing them to jump to their splattery deaths.  I think it may be time to rip this one back onto the hard drive and give it a third playing.

I had heard rumors that a sequel was planned, but I can't find any information.  Does anyone know any news?  Alternately, can anyone recommend other games that have this same combination of killer action, fun gameplay, and require a bit of brainpower?  

-bdto

ps: How many garden gnomes did you find?

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Any Psiops Fans?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

No haven't tried it yet. It did interest me a bit ago, but another game must have come along. I will most likely give it shot sometime this year. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

BrokenArrow

• Archived User
Any Psiops Fans?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

This game was amazing, the physics was very impressive. Easy and fun gameplay (as well unique), all around a very good game. I recommend it for anyone. Oh boy I can't wait for Demonik to come out for XBOX 360 hehe.

P.S there is no sequel announced for this game *yet*

wlinco10

• Archived User
Any Psiops Fans?
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 07:41:00 AM »

The game is pretty cool, I don't think I ended up finishing it though but I'm guessing I was near the end. The most fun is telekinetically picking up guards stationed on ledges and bridges, watching them squirm and then dropping them into oblivion as they scream for mercy. Gold.

stressed76

• Archived User
Any Psiops Fans?
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »

I remember when this game first came out and I bought it........as people say......I really enjoyed this game, I don't think I finished it either but fricken cool!!!  I gosta find that game again!!!!!

makaveli91

• Archived User
Any Psiops Fans?
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

Yeah, this game was sweet.  Screw dropping guys offa ledges.  Try the suicide kills.  They kick ass.

throwingks

• Archived User
Any Psiops Fans?
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »

I absolutely loved this game. For anyone who likes this kind of gameplay Second Sight is also a very fun game. If you are just into mental abilities you can also try the platformer game Psychonauts. All 3 games are some of the best games on Xbox in my opinion.

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
http://xbox.ign.com/...545/545781.html
Second Sight
http://xbox.ign.com/...661/661935.html
Psychonauts
http://xbox.ign.com/...482/482075.html

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Any Psiops Fans?
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »

I really liked Second Sight's graphics (very Time Splitters) and the story, but I found the controls to be really bothersome, which ultimately ruined the game a lot for me. I find a lot of potentially excellent games let down by controls. You'd think people would spend more time on it. Like, I wouldn't bother making a game that has frustrating controls because I wouldn't want to play it - I'd go back and fix it up.

The Matrix PON and to some extents Tomb Raider come to mind of recent games with control issues in my regard. Haven't really played much of Psi-Ops, but I seem to remember the opening CG was quite cool, and that it seemed to be averaging around 83%ish or thereabouts, which is a good score.