xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Forza Vs Gt4  (Read 838 times)

monaro_man_91

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« on: February 14, 2005, 04:25:00 AM »

what do u think will be better. i played the forza demo, and it was the best, but it was a tad on the hard side. ive always been a fan of gran turismo though evon though its exclusive to playstation.

This post has been edited by monaro_man_91: Feb 14 2005, 12:28 PM

Rassilon666

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 05:07:00 AM »

GT4.
No good steering wheel + no force feedback support on xbox means i wont even be considering forza, no matter how the game actually turns out.

Having played GT4 since dec 28th, its my prediction that GT4 will be a better game overall anyways.

crobar

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

gt4 is gonna suck balls compared to forza
they claim to be a racing sim but leave out the stuff that will actually make it a good realistic race sim.
forza has damage model and  the cars drive on a 4 wheel system unlike gt where they ride on a one (single track) system... how is it going to be a better sim if they cant even have the cars act on all 4 wheels realisticly?
forza is breaking alot of ground in racing sims...read up on it...cause it will slauter gt4 no mater what all you gt4 fanboys think.

themadman123

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 03:18:00 AM »

Yeah, I really think that GT4 is gonna suck for the fact that its been such a long time since it was supposed to be released, it would have been better for then to just wait a little longer and wait for the ps3. PS2 is just not as advanced as xbox, plain and simple, if it was developed for xbox, it would totally be the best, no questions asked in my opinion, but I'm glad we get Forza for the fact that at least we get car damage and stuff, its so unrealistic when you slam into a wall at 100+ mph and bounce off and not one scratch on your car to be seen.......ugh.

themadman123

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 03:21:00 AM »

GT4.
No good steering wheel + no force feedback support on xbox means i wont even be considering forza, no matter how the game actually turns out.

Having played GT4 since dec 28th, its my prediction that GT4 will be a better game overall anyways.

So just a steering wheel is gonna make GT4 better? Even if the gameplay was a million times better? And you havn't even played Forza, so your making a total bias oppinion.

Rassilon666

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »

Theres a forza demo dipshit.  Its not very good.  Im sure it will be much better in the final, but they have a loooong ways to go before its even close to as good as GT4, much less better.

And its funny that you all mention fanboys... try looking in a mirror sometime.

And yes, a steering wheel does indeed make the game better.
no good wheel = no sim, no matter how "realistic" the engine is.

Oh, yeah, and GT4 supports 1080i HD. At 60fps.

jbp20717

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

PGR2 will be easily better than both.  Let me say first of all that I haven't played either Forza or GT4, but I've never been a fan of, or even liked, the GT series - they have no sensation of speed what-so-ever and to be honest the only selling point GT4 has is that there are 600+ cars (all based on the same physics model), and frankly if the number of tracks is as limited as in GT3 it will just end up being a bore unlocking them all.  Having said that I'll probably buy the PSP version as it will be a great graphical showcase biggrin.gif .  

Consequencially, if Forza is being billed as the Xbox's GT, I couldn't care that much about it - though no doubt Xbox Live will be great.

crobar

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

first off  @ Rassilon666
im no fan boy i give respect where its due...and gt4 neither breaks new ground  in racing sims nor is inovative in any way...the game had its day but its day is gone.

they have a very simple race engine compared to toca or forza... and no damage model?
their cop out was because" noone wants to drive a broken car" bull shit
if that was the case racing games would have never implemented it...

any ways the game tops gt4 in many ways already...
you can set up a faux driver  to learn how you drive and drive as you, so you can race your self to get better at  racing... not only that but as i siad before your gt4 cars run on  a map with one wheel in the center of the car all your shocks and wheels to is react to the road...where as in forza the car actully drives and sits on all 4 wheels...and reacts ...

no offence dude but its like your comparing a game boy game to to an xbox game, its based on old technology with a graphics upgrade....witch looks nice ...and ill give them credit for pumping out good graphics on the ps2...but nothing more...

flashfreak

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

i'd go for forza, ive only played the demo but its so realistic. i don't like gt4 as its only for ps2 and they make out that its so good, but since its on the ps2, it can never look good. forza is real.

B2oba

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

I agree with Rassilon 666 tongue.gif , to me GT4 will be way better, car damage or not, some people here probably never tried the game to say it sucks or maybe just cause it's on PS2 dry.gif ...what when GT5 comes out with car damage then?What excuse? blink.gif
The physics in GT3 were amazing and they managed to improve it.
I played the Forza demo with great hope and so far (to me of course) the game has no chance to compete with Polyphony's title...but I understand you guys, I am a xbox fan too and I have been waiting for a real car sim for years now (and I expect much more from GTR actually).
Second point is the force feedback wheel, of course it's important, try out the Logitech 900° FF wheel for GT4 and you'll be begging for such accessory to come out for the xbox + I dont have that feeling of a "centered wheel" for Gran Turismo unlike the Colin Mc Rae Rally series...
Like themadman123 said, if GT4 was out on the box, there is no doubt we would all grab it...Forza 1 can hardly be better than GT4. rolleyes.gif

Rassilon666

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 07:55:00 PM »

A lot of comments from people who havent played gt4...  

I'll say this though: the sensation of speed is incredible.  Driving a fast car on the nurburgring is a bit unsettling.  And the wind noise at high speeds is a nice touch.

Sure, damage would have been nice, and there are a few other things that would be nice in gt4, but the actual driving feel is really well done.  It may not break much ground as a pure racing sim (ferrari f355 challenge was abit more of a sim), but more cars and more tracks than any other console racing game, AND having very good phyics engine and great graphics is no small accomplishment.

I dont think you know what youre talking about crobar.  GT4 does keep track of all 4 wheels.  forza isnt breaking any ground except perhaps for hype.

PGR2 doesnt even compare well to GT3, much less gt4.

And blind fanboy comments like "I dont like gt4 as its only for PS2" is what makes xbox fans look bad.  Try opening your mind (and your eyes) a bit.  Guess what: gt4 on the ps2 looks REALLY good.

crobar

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »

ya know...it looks good but thats it...
its a good raceing presentation rather than a sim
i cant give this game credit at all its not a sim in by book at least not a very good one

aside from that do look up how the engine works...because the wheel dynamics stillride off a single "one wheel" in the center of the car, forza has the suspension fully build and functioning in real time effecting how the car moves and responds on a greater level than gt4 will ever do.

As for ps2 oposition...your on a fucking xbox web site...deal

Rassilon666

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »

Care to share the source of your misinformation?
Everything ive read and experienced from playing gt4 shows that it has a very good physics engine.
If it only calculates from a single wheel in the center, then why do cars spin when only the rear wheel goes off the track in a hard turn?

This game not only looks good, but it plays good. very good.

If GT4 isnt a sim, then neither is forza.  In fact forza would be even farther away than gt.

This being an "xbox web site" is no excuse for being a half-witted fanboy.

Unregistered007

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

GT4 - 700+ cars -------------------- Forza - 233
GT4 - 53 Tracks -------------------- Forza - 31

Gt3 looks better than any racing game on xbox, Forza is delayed to May.
Bottom line, you burnout loving noobs can't handle GT or Forza so go kiss ur xbox elsewhere.

Heet

• Archived User
Forza Vs Gt4
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »

Gt3?  If your saying gran turismo 3 or even 4 looks better than gotham 2 or ralisport then you havent seen the games.  That or you need glasses.  There is no comparison.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9