xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox System Link..  (Read 45 times)

arover

• Archived User
Xbox System Link..
« on: July 17, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »

Well, I couldnt find any other forum to put this in, so its goin here...Heres the situation: Last night me and some friends decided to system link halo, so I unplugged my hub (which my pc and the xbox is on) from the linux router, to the main hub which the rest of the house is on (including the other xbox which was being system link'ed).....So we started playing halo LAN games fine...until it kept disconnecting. Randomly, out of no where, the game would just give us all 'network connection' errors, and the host would quit out automatically. Now I cant figgur out whats wrong, im thinking it might be that im using long (around 30 feet or so) cat5 cable when i only need about 10 feet of cat5...But I couldnt think of any real reason why it should be doin that...any ideas guys??

Thanks.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
Xbox System Link..
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

Are you playing halo off the HD?
Is it modded?
I would try clearing the cache found in the X,Y,Z partiitions.

arover

• Archived User
Xbox System Link..
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

Ah...blood gulch might be modded, but no...Halo isnt running off the hdd...Its also saying to try and have the xbox's connected to the hub ports in a row (eg 1...2...3) instead of what im doing (connecting them to different ports) but I don't know how that could make a difference..

arover

• Archived User
Xbox System Link..
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

Nope...still gettin the problem...ugh  :unsure:  

MrBones

• Archived User
Xbox System Link..
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

I had that problem playing split screen because of some mod I used.  It shouldn't matter in what order the boxes are hooked up in, as long as they're connected.  And the cable length isn't a problem, 30' is nothing.