xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Halo 2 Not Playeble On A Modded Xbox !  (Read 368 times)

Ill187

• Archived User
Halo 2 Not Playeble On A Modded Xbox !
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2003, 08:11:00 PM »

wink.gif  Man, the things M$ could do is rediculous. The switch BS is Dumb. Just like the Live check they could have a dash check! Thinking the Bios is the only way m$ could tell if you box is modded is foolish! I don't think I'll be playing Halo 2 untill I read everything works nice. And NO, Just because a n00b said something isn't the reason. I think our judgement day is comming and a lot of people will get fuctover. Maybe even before Halo 2. But I think that would be an opportune time for M$.

theraven871

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2003, 08:26:00 PM »

Hey, there is nothing illegal about moddifying your xbox.  I do NOT make illegal backups either.  So how the hell does MS plan to release a game that will not play on a modded XBOX?  Sounds dumb to me.  I believe that the game will probably not play from the HDD, but the original WILL STILL play.  Its simple economics.

The Raven

And for those cheap bastards out there who actually made illegal copies of KOTOR and/or plan to with Halo 2, you make me fucking sick.   I can see you copying the bad ones, but kotor is actually WORTH the $50 bucks.  So stop being cheap bastards and pay the programmers the money for their hard work.  Otherwise you don't deserve to play.

andrusk

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2003, 12:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (theraven871 @ Aug 13 2003, 05:26 AM)
The Raven

And for those cheap bastards out there who actually made illegal copies of KOTOR and/or plan to with Halo 2, you make me fucking sick.   I can see you copying the bad ones, but kotor is actually WORTH the $50 bucks.  So stop being cheap bastards and pay the programmers the money for their hard work.  Otherwise you don't deserve to play.

save it, nobody comes here to be preached to dry.gif

Shadowcat

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2003, 12:16:00 AM »

Bungie likes their games being hacked up, thats what they said on their news.

vintage_guitar

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2003, 03:17:00 AM »

well KOTOR isn't too great too me anymore..i've beaten it twice and that was enough..now it's time too play with savegames in order too keep it alive..

simonm2000

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2003, 07:47:00 PM »

bs

Liamb2003

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2003, 05:30:00 AM »

I dont know y MS bother. Well always find a way around it and we can just switch the modchip off like evryones sayin alredy.

whiffin

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2003, 05:37:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

devlkore

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ill187 @ Aug 13 2003, 04:11 AM)
Or a really simple thing M$ could do is a hard drive check. Have Halo look for the common dashes and delete them. If it finds a evox.xbe you're screwed wink.gif  Man, the things M$ could do is rediculous. The switch BS is Dumb. Just like the Live check they could have a dash check! Thinking the Bios is the only way m$ could tell if you box is modded is foolish! I don't think I'll be playing Halo 2 untill I read everything works nice. And NO, Just because a n00b said something isn't the reason. I think our judgement day is comming and a lot of people will get fuctover. Maybe even before Halo 2. But I think that would be an opportune time for M$.

Wouldn't work, well, not for long anyway.
Now that the BIOSes can boot from F: (they can, can't they) we could all keep our non-M$ files, including evoxdash.xbe on F: and then with the mod disabled, the Xbox wouldn't know it was there.

My only problem is if I buy a game, I want it on my harddrive, I'm lazy and I don't have to get up to play my other games, what makes Halo 2 so special that it deserves me to lean over and put a disc in?

(Note to fanboys: Don't reply with a list of reasons as to why Halo 2 is so special...blah blah blah, you haven't played it)
Pages: 1 2 [3]