xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: An Excellent Little Game You've Never Heard Of  (Read 111 times)

feflicker

• Archived User
An Excellent Little Game You've Never Heard Of
« on: May 28, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »

Everyone on a.b.c.i.x knows of the game... And that is about 9/10 of the users of this board  tongue.gif

swat

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (feflicker @ May 29 2003, 08:41 AM)
Everyone on a.b.c.i.x knows of the game... And that is about 9/10 of the users of this board  tongue.gif

Yeah, but if they are like me they usually pass on games without easily accessible reviews, or quite simply Euro Trash wink.gif

Silence:  Think before you buy this game though, it's not worth shelling out some major cash for - the puzzles are pretty simple, it's almost like an adventure game for "beginners" in that it tells you a lot of stuff.  But you get to HACK in the game so that redeems itself smile.gif  Haven't done that yet though...

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 06:51:00 AM »

ive got it and its ok.

Mast3r Ch13f

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

I've had this game awhile back for PC (I've only played 5min of it and forgot about it for reasons unkonown to me).  

The game is actually made after a popular TV series in the UK called Largo Winch.  And the guy who voices Largo in the game, is the same guy in the TV series (so I'm positive it's not Ryo from Shenmue).  I don't live in the UK but I researched the game before I got it for PC.

the_Watchers_eye

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »

I thought the game is done by the french?

kickassdude

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 02:52:00 PM »

tried it, got bored in 10 minutes, got rid of it
that was a while ago...

silence

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2003, 04:17:00 PM »

Yes, actually it is based on a french cartoon from what I've read, so the voices are different. I have to thank swat for the recommendation, I picked up a copy today and so far I like it. The voice acting and lip syncing is very questionable, but I'm enjoying what I've played so far, which is good enough for me as I've been dying for a break from all the clone/copycat sports and action titles on xbox.

swat

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (silence @ May 30 2003, 01:17 AM)
Yes, actually it is based on a french cartoon from what I've read, so the voices are different. I have to thank swat for the recommendation, I picked up a copy today and so far I like it. The voice acting and lip syncing is very questionable, but I'm enjoying what I've played so far, which is good enough for me as I've been dying for a break from all the clone/copycat sports and action titles on xbox.

Yeah the lip synching is pretty bad.  I grew up playing adventure games (Quest Series, DOTT, Grim, etc) so I'm enjoying this one, even though it's "good" but not "great".  I think I'm almost FPS'd out.  Well, almost.

Stegreg

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2003, 05:47:00 PM »

Nah its not from UK its from the Frogs across the channel hence its weirdness and shite humour.  I had it a while back on PC and i thought the game had some good points but the dialogue bored me to sleep  sleeping.gif so i gave up about half way through the game.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »

Not a bad game! Its like an old PC adventure game. Not too bad

Tsharkou

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »

I have had this game for about 6 months and have not bothered to play it not one bit, but since you guys say it's great in a way...then I guess I'll check it out! thx.   But I have a shit load (150 maybe) of titles that are collecting dust.

tricky76

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »

Can anyone give me a little help with this game?

Check my post:

http://forums.xbox-s...=ST&f=7&t=63346

Im stuck in the Russian strip bar after putting the sleeping pills in the vodka.