xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Graphics 360 0r Ps3  (Read 254 times)

Neilinator99

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« on: June 05, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

I want to honestly know which has better graphics, PS3 or 360. I beleive 360 but paul here thinks PS3 ? which one is it.

This post has been edited by Neilinator99: Jun 5 2006, 09:52 PM

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Neilinator99 @ Jun 5 2006, 02:51 PM) View Post

I want to honestly know which has better graphics, PS3 or 360. I beleive 360 but paul here thinks PS3 ? which one is it.

The Wii

tomeaine

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jun 5 2006, 09:58 PM) *

The Wii

HAHA...possibly so true.

anywho...who knows..no ones knows...and possibly no one even cares.
graphics are not everything...its like fast cars..sure one car can be faster than another...but doesnt means its the best on the track.

Neilinator99

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(tomeaine @ Jun 5 2006, 10:37 PM) *

HAHA...possibly so true.

anywho...who knows..no ones knows...and possibly no one even cares.
graphics are not everything...its like fast cars..sure one car can be faster than another...but doesnt means its the best on the track.

actually graphics are important many are concerned about the the specs but when it comes to gaming i just want to see the best screen.

This post has been edited by Neilinator99: Jun 5 2006, 10:49 PM

kics

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

check out this post.... maybe you'll find it interesting ..

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=518153

Dr. P. Cipriano

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Neilinator99 @ Jun 5 2006, 04:49 PM) View Post

actually graphics are important many are concerned about the the specs but when it comes to gaming i just want to see the best screen.

i agree graphics are a very important part of any game system but graphics are not every thing.  while graphics add a tremendids amount to the over all game play it's reall depneds.  there is no question that both these systems are powerful but which one packs the biggest punch.  over all with graphics and game paly and every thing put togeather which one comes out on top.  I SOPOSE IT JUST DEPNEDS ON THE GAME YOU ARE PLAYING I HAVE SEEN SOM PRETTY CRAPPY 360 GAMES AND SOME AMAZINGS ONES WILL PS3 BE ABLE TO PUT OUT GREAT GAMES.

Neilinator99

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dr. P. Cipriano @ Jun 5 2006, 11:34 PM) View Post

i agree graphics are a very important part of any game system but graphics are not every thing.  while graphics add a tremendids amount to the over all game play it's reall depneds.  there is no question that both these systems are powerful but which one packs the biggest punch.  over all with graphics and game paly and every thing put togeather which one comes out on top.  I SOPOSE IT JUST DEPNEDS ON THE GAME YOU ARE PLAYING I HAVE SEEN SOM PRETTY CRAPPY 360 GAMES AND SOME AMAZINGS ONES WILL PS3 BE ABLE TO PUT OUT GREAT GAMES.

paul i hope you read this if not i will call you i need a ride to school tomarrow ok, dads going to ... i dont know somewhere.

calderra

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 04:55:00 AM »

Honestly, I think there is already an answer. Warhawk was supposed to destroy in the graphics department with its photorealistic "in-game" screens a while back (100% photohop, btw- 0 game). Now, it looks worse than Crimson Skies in pretty much every measurable aspect.

GT:HD? Xbox (1) could definately run that if Xbox were enabled for 1080p. And as I've said, Xbox would probably also add anti-aliasing to minimize jaggies.

There are some exceptions, such as the new Sonic game, which people said basically looked the same on both systems, barring personal taste for changes on the two versions. But I'm pretty sure there is no case of (real, swear-to-God, on-hardware and actually running) gameplay footage on the PS3 yet topping anything Xbox 360 is already doing (like Gears of War).

The problem is trying to get Sony fans to come down to Earth and talk about games that are actually running on real hardware. See also: Assassin's Creed may be coming to or already on 360, the Gran Turismo:HD demo wasn't running on real hardware and some execs got embarassed because they couldn't turn the volume up on an essentially non-functioning demo station even though it still looked like crap... etc, etc, etc.

Graphics don't make the game, but they can embarass a company that's expecting you to pay $200 more for them.

garver

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »

wow you just owned everyone here. So true
(starts slow clap)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Graphics 360 0r Ps3
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »

again first of all read on this info.....
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=518153

after all is said and done it wont matter.  both will look so damn good graphics will be not an issue.  

it will come down to the developer, if a developer understands the 360 architecture better then the ps3's, then it may have a slight performance boost in multiplatform titles and the same can be said the other way around.  the problem may arrise when exclusives come out for a specific system and the fanboys go crying of how "that game isnt possible on the other system" but that is just a stupid point since it is an exclusive and there is nothing one system can do that the other one cant.  

your safe either way, now all you need to decide is if you want to spend an extra $200 for an unproven format.