xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox?  (Read 218 times)

akarnid

• Archived User
Alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2002, 12:33:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Drakull

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2002, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (netgamer @ Oct 28 2002, 08:02 AM)
I'm sure a reasonably intelligent person will read up on games before they buy one, in magazines or on the net, then, if you want to go and buy it - that's fine.. If you don't want it, don't buy it.. why go on to steal it anyway?

What a moron. Last time I checked every game was made to be played, not "scam people out of cash". For every game out there, I'm sure someone gets some enjoyment from it. If you'd like to code a better game, open notepad and get started.
Why download them when you're not prepared to buy them because they are "crap". Why do you want them even on ISO? Just to have an impressive collection of DVD-Rs?

ph34r.gif
1) A reasonably intelligent person will read up on games before they buy one, but, specially in magazines, you know perfectly that the ratings and the "good publicity" is given to a certain game is generally not only based on game quality, but also on "sponsor's quality". It's really easy getting a good rating or a good critizenship in a magazine if you're able of paying enough for it. Specially in the XBOX , where the demo discs need to be made with MS approbation for signing them, and the only official magazine xbox oriented is runned by MS itself... so it's not hard making a bad game show as a really good one.... (and demos are just that...demos... and in software all we know the first rule in demos... just show what it's worthy to be shown).
2) Games are made to be played, but also to make money. Software companies make games not just for the fun those games could give to the players, but to make profit of them. If the game is not as good as it should, but you make a really good marketing, the game will be sold (example: Bruce Lee for Xbox is not a really good game, but it was having a lot of publicity on XBOX magazines before it was already released and a lot of people was expecting to have it... and bought it when it first came out (like myself) just for discovering it was not worthy enough....)
That's why games use famous people names and a lot of publicity (Street Hoops was continuosly showing up in comercials on cable tv as a marvelous game.... and it's not that good).
3) Why download them when you're not prepared to buy them because they're crap? Well... because at first you don't know if they're or not crap until you try to play them... (yes, i'm saying try to play them, 'cos some of them you've to really make an effort for playing them more than 1 minute without throwing up..). Because you were thinking those games could be worthy to be bought  and you prefer confirming it before doing. I've (as example) bought Circus Maximus, a game that was supposed to be really innovative and have a funny 2 players system and i started playing with it... but when the 2nd player loses it's hability to fire until you restart the race when you just get an improvement (so you've to skip the improvements) on your cart and it becomes totally unuseful for continuing the race.... it makes you questioning why you bought that game.
4)About Why do people want them even on ISO? Just to have an impressive collection of DVD-R's?? Well... that's exactly why a lot of people download them, as collection of as many software for the Xbox they can get... that's the same reason i'm still keeping some of the more than 20 original games i've bought instead of selling them or so... it's called collecting. Some people collects stams, some other collects software... what's the problem on that??

Regards,
 Drakull
muhaha.gif

LumbraX

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2002, 04:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (Drakull @ Oct 28 2002, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (netgamer @ Oct 28 2002, 08:02 AM)
I'm sure a reasonably intelligent person will read up on games before they buy one, in magazines or on the net, then, if you want to go and buy it - that's fine.. If you don't want it, don't buy it.. why go on to steal it anyway?

What a moron. Last time I checked every game was made to be played, not "scam people out of cash". For every game out there, I'm sure someone gets some enjoyment from it. If you'd like to code a better game, open notepad and get started.
Why download them when you're not prepared to buy them because they are "crap". Why do you want them even on ISO? Just to have an impressive collection of DVD-Rs?

ph34r.gif
1) A reasonably intelligent person will read up on games before they buy one, but, specially in magazines, you know perfectly that the ratings and the "good publicity" is given to a certain game is generally not only based on game quality, but also on "sponsor's quality". It's really easy getting a good rating or a good critizenship in a magazine if you're able of paying enough for it. Specially in the XBOX , where the demo discs need to be made with MS approbation for signing them, and the only official magazine xbox oriented is runned by MS itself... so it's not hard making a bad game show as a really good one.... (and demos are just that...demos... and in software all we know the first rule in demos... just show what it's worthy to be shown).
2) Games are made to be played, but also to make money. Software companies make games not just for the fun those games could give to the players, but to make profit of them. If the game is not as good as it should, but you make a really good marketing, the game will be sold (example: Bruce Lee for Xbox is not a really good game, but it was having a lot of publicity on XBOX magazines before it was already released and a lot of people was expecting to have it... and bought it when it first came out (like myself) just for discovering it was not worthy enough....)
That's why games use famous people names and a lot of publicity (Street Hoops was continuosly showing up in comercials on cable tv as a marvelous game.... and it's not that good).
3) Why download them when you're not prepared to buy them because they're crap? Well... because at first you don't know if they're or not crap until you try to play them... (yes, i'm saying try to play them, 'cos some of them you've to really make an effort for playing them more than 1 minute without throwing up..). Because you were thinking those games could be worthy to be bought  and you prefer confirming it before doing. I've (as example) bought Circus Maximus, a game that was supposed to be really innovative and have a funny 2 players system and i started playing with it... but when the 2nd player loses it's hability to fire until you restart the race when you just get an improvement (so you've to skip the improvements) on your cart and it becomes totally unuseful for continuing the race.... it makes you questioning why you bought that game.
4)About Why do people want them even on ISO? Just to have an impressive collection of DVD-R's?? Well... that's exactly why a lot of people download them, as collection of as many software for the Xbox they can get... that's the same reason i'm still keeping some of the more than 20 original games i've bought instead of selling them or so... it's called collecting. Some people collects stams, some other collects software... what's the problem on that??

Regards,
 Drakull
muhaha.gif

DAMN,    This probly took a hour to type.   ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

cykiller

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2002, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (sflimey @ Oct 28 2002, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE (digitalman42 @ Oct 27 2002, 07:05 AM)
SFLIMEY,, For usenetserver.com what program do you use, with Free Agent Forte it's a nightmare, and News Rover is pay only..

I use newsbin. I think there website is at www.newsbin.com. I think you have to pay also. I did, but I'm sure if your using usenet you can find it in one of the PC newsgroups. I know people who have.

use grabit, it's free!!

www.shemes.com\grabit

muhaha.gif

LumbraX

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2002, 08:48:00 PM »

ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

Drakull

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2002, 01:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (LumbraX @ Oct 28 2002, 11:15 PM)
DAMN,    This probly took a hour to type.   ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

ph34r.gif
Not that much... may be five minutes... i'm really used to type on the computer.... smile.gif.. is the advantage of spending almost your life after a keyboard...
Pages: 1 2 [3]