xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Umd Editor  (Read 537 times)

superaison

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« on: March 07, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

W00t, The UMD Cracked.

App was made to help the modding of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, there is like 8 file type compressed into this, like occ, mgb, dds, tga, ini, deu

High6 helped me with the format of the .umd file and the extracting and injecting part.

The file you are editing in this is DynamicXbox.umd

Found in /Splinter Cell Directory/Default/DynamicXbox.umd

Pic:

IPB Image

Links to Download:

EXE: http://www.haloelite...md/UMD Tool.exe

RAR: http://www.haloelite...md/UMD Tool.rar

Once again, Major help from high6.

And to extract, right click on a item in the list box.

This app was made in less than 12 hours so there may be some bugs.

Enjoy Chaos Theory Modders!

evildoor

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

Cool,

Does this only work on the splinter cell dynamicxbox? or does it extract all games umds that have them?

FSG

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

Lol im wandering  the same thing.

Edit:
nvm i see .ini's now.

Last Edit:
Evil it does work on the game I know your talking bout lol.

This post has been edited by FSG: Mar 7 2006, 10:26 PM

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

hope this works.  i got some ideas in mind.  getting ready to test some now

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »

after doing some testing, everything is still very sensitive to file size.  if i change a loadout to a 2 digit number, from a 1 digit number, (example, 10 clips instead of 2), it locks up the game at the start.  also, if you try to reopen the umd that was injected with the program, it creates an error.

now, if i keep it to single digits, say change it to 9 from 2, everything is fine.

if you can get it to rewrite the data size accordingly, that would be great.  might even be able to alter some missions some.  a similiar took was created for gr2 modding, that was capable of rewriting the data size.  not sure how much of that makes sense, since i'm not the programmer that wrote the program.

not complaining, great start.

FSG

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

Yea my problem still is after I inject something and save the .umd it freezes. Ive tried editing the extracted ini in Hexworkshop and using your editer still same problem.

Well still nice program.

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »

i had messed with this when it first came out.  the freezing is generally from a corrupted umd.  and most the time the corruption has to do with file size.  from what i learned form the person that made a similiar tool for gr2, the umd probably has the filesize in the header or something like that.  and when you change something like a one digit number to a 2 digit number, that changes the file size, and the header and actual dont match.  try making 1 or 2 small changes.  if your changing something that is retail a single digit, keep it a single digit.  like if something is 0 or 1, change it to 5 or 9.  just cant do 10 and what not.

superaison

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

it already fixes it, i tested it, worked wierd..... what are u guys doing lol?

Edit: I think i know the problem, do NOT use my UMD Item Editor(the text thingy) its screwy and doesnt save right, use hex or wordpad, but this will extract and recalculate everything.

Edit2: And for the close, It clears the listbox, i think then maybe clearing the entire umd, so just once its injected then just exit.

Anymore Bugs?

This post has been edited by superaison: Mar 8 2006, 05:31 PM

superaison

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »

Since i cant edit again:

Edit3:

ReRelease:

Pic:

(IMG:http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/4817/umdp24be.png)

The downloads are the same.

Whats in this Version:

1.) More organized
2.) Check for Updates
3.) Less open item buttons(LOL!!)
4.) Notifies you what it is doing.
5.) Shows a hint of whats in next Build!

Enjoy Xbox Scene!

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

nice work, i hope something cool comes out of this...
too bad we dont have a map editor like the PC players, things would be alot easier.

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »

i'm using your program to extract, notepad or wordpad to edit the ini, then inject it back in.  

for basic test, i've just been increasing clip counts in the lighthouse.ini file.  in the default loadout, it has 1 for the sc20 and 1 for the pistol (1 mag).  if i increase these to 9, everything is good.  if i increase them greater (creating a 2 digit number), then after i inject it you can see the error by how the umd looks in the editor.

my goal isnt to have gods army in one gun.  thats just generally the easiest edits to due.

ultimately, if it can be ironed out, i wanted to try and get some of the sp missions play as coop ones, since all the same meshes seem to be used.

hmmm, just messed with it a little more, getting some errors even with using 9.  i know it worked yesterday.  i'll dl your new version and do some more later.

This post has been edited by mrjkwik: Mar 9 2006, 04:21 PM

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

after more work, i'm still having some errors.  not necessarily attributing them to the program.  somehow i keep messing it up to the point where it wont even load.  and thats with only editing mag sizes.  weird.  wasnt doing it before.  once i get it ironed out i'll play more.

also, i like the idea of the things your planning with the extract all and rebuild.  maybe rebuild will work a little better than inject.  dunno.

only thing i can say that i personally dont like, is all the windows saying whats going on.  might be nicer to have 1 window that says what its doing, and when all the commands scroll, then press ok.  instead of having to hit (and hear the doing) 4-5 times.  just my input.  its your program.  wink.gif  

superaison

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

i redid it:

(IMG:http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/4613/piczie1fu.th.png)
Want a link?

This post has been edited by superaison: Mar 13 2006, 10:17 PM

mrjkwik

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

of course.

and dont get me wrong, i appreciate the effort.  i never mind having something else to mess with.  it might not even be the extractor.  might just be that i wont get the game to do what i want.  but we'll see.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Umd Editor
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

been a month, any progress on either end of this?
Pages: [1] 2