xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rb6 Homebrewn Online  (Read 321 times)

iceorphen

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« on: May 29, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

I have d/l all the custom maps from r63.net and am trying to find a way to put them on XBL NOT a tunneling prog. I've only tried this with the map Glassor(its kikass) however upon loading the main menu i get an error saying glassor is damaged....at least this is some progress.

Im thinking maybe it has to do with the contentmeta.xbx and contentimage.xbx-i did try to edit both..

on another note, after messing around witht the map files-when online i cannot switch to ap1+2 while on another map but i can from the initial map select screen..wierd.. unsure.gif

anyone wants to try and get together and try to figure this out, let me know..  biggrin.gif

Trailer

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »

no u cant use them on Xbox Live cus they need to be signed by M$ Auth key to work online.

Trailer

iceorphen

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

Its not possible to sign a map therefore I think you're wrong, it can be done an i know it, just dont know which files need to be edited

Trailer

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

every peice of software made by M$ for the xbox is signed, why do u think u cant use evox with a normal bios or any other software not made by  M$ cant be run on a normal BIOS?
cus everything  M$ make for xbox is signed with a Auth code which only they have .

so i think ure quite wrong beleiving its possible, if it was possible im sure someone would ahve done it by now allready

TrailerUK

Trailer

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

THANKYOU! lol

at least someone else here is seeing sense

TrailerUK

iceorphen

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »

I still believe that there is, i've gotten it to show up on the online map list and all the other maps were ?????? and wierd writing, im glad you have your own opinion, but i've got mine too. and quite honestly, i believe it an be done and hopefully ill figure it out-i think im pretty close!

iceorphen

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »

Exactly, how the hell you gonna sign a map? lol dummy anyways-anyone that wants to help me out with this please contact me!

Trailer

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

ok then, DO IT! amaze us all, then ill beleive its possible. until then its not possible!

but dont it make u think? wunt the team makin the maps all ready have done this?

TrailerUK

boxorox

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2004, 05:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (Trailer @ May 30 2004, 03:38 AM)
ok then, DO IT! amaze us all, then ill beleive its possible. until then its not possible!

but dont it make u think? wunt the team makin the maps all ready have done this?

TrailerUK

NO.  The team WUNT have done this.  You see, they all play on KAI.  Not Live.  They are working to benefit R63 enthusiasts, the xbox community, KAI.....but not MS.

iceorphen

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »

I've come closer yet, but now when loading the map it freezes midway...wonder why---back to work i go!

Trailer

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (boxorox @ May 30 2004, 02:50 PM)
NO.  The team WUNT have done this.  You see, they all play on KAI.  Not Live.  They are working to benefit R63 enthusiasts, the xbox community, KAI.....but not MS.

fine ok my bad, im just sayin, ill beleive it when i see it ok

TrailerUK

skit_____

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »

cool.gif

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »

Normal maps are stored on the game. Those map's are stored on the game or in your saves. either way it wouldn't read it with an original since the mpas need to be signed.

theboss666

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »

this is all possible saying as u need a fuckin modchip to play the maps not only that, i kinda doubht ubi-soft or MS would allow signing of ported pc maps on xbox.If you have even tried to port maps you would notice that theres a ton of problems that come with the porting ie texture problems, size,lighting thats why thermals and frags dont work in everysingle pc map as well as ground surfaces showing up completely invisible,but god does believe u can do it,and if anybody were able to do it i would defenitly get live,but it really does seem impossible oh ya fuc u box, and fuc that piece of shit program xrated map manager

theboss666

• Archived User
Rb6 Homebrewn Online
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

no buddy i dont think u understand you cant just toss pc maps on live for more than a few reasons as i explained int he post above,the only way you will ever be able to play these maps onlive is when somebody(i have heard rumors it was done in the past),releases a bios or some hacked file that allows you to play back-ups onlive then and only then will you be able to use these onlive,course that will lead to hardcore cheating, which will in turn make ppl not want to play on live anymore which MS wont ever due because its BAD FOR BUSINNESS!
Pages: [1] 2