xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Finally, A Way To Move Pso Characters By Ftp  (Read 97 times)

Blank

• Archived User
Finally, A Way To Move Pso Characters By Ftp
« on: July 30, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

I was always under the impression that you couldn't move PSO data unless you had an AR or memory card, however, I recently was able to move my data from my old Xbox to my new Xbox through FTP. To do this, you'll need your PSO folder (4d53004a) from UDATA and TDATA as well as your original eeprom that was used with this character. Next, load up your new Xbox, install configmagic, unlock your hdd and reflash your eeprom with your old Xbox's eeprom. Next, ftp over the 4d53004a folders to both UDATA and TDATA. Now, this is where I gave up 2 years ago--when I loaded PSO, it said my data was corrupt (boy was I pissed; my rares, my character, my mags, GONE). What I found is that you need to navigate into your UDATA/4d53004a and find the file called PSO_CHARACTER_00, copy it to your computer, rename it to PSO_CHARACTER_01 and overwrite the old one. This allowed me to successfully load my old save on my new Xbox. My version of PSO is patched for offline play (not sure if this will affect others, but I'm sure it won't matter). I just wanted to post my story incase people were still under the impression that it couldn't be done through FTP and eeprom backups.  pop.gif