xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Witch Processor Is Better For It's Buck?  (Read 110 times)

Casper1786

• Archived User
Witch Processor Is Better For It's Buck?
« on: October 24, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »

ok, I'm looking at a few Towers here, It's time 2 upgrade and I'm buying in 2 weeks, I'll be looking at Power 2wards Movies/video Editing, and Gaming Power, as that will be it's main usage, I'll list them below as what I'm looking at in no Special Order:
eMachines H3256 AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2GHz
eMachines T3256 AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.2GHz
Now Those eMachines both have a AMD Proccessor, 1 has XP in the name so I'm guessing there slightly different, and thats the difference right there, but now I wonder What IS the Real Difference, is 1 better suited for certan types of processing?

Cicero SP4180 Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz Cicero is a Futureshop Brand, it's Just Built in House thats all, mostly relabled parts from Brandnames

Gateway 420GR Pentium 4 2.93GHz and for $100CDN more I can get the
Gateway 500GR Pentium 4 3.0GHz witch has a Slighty faster CPU(like 70Mhz, witch I don't care about), 40GB more HDD space, witch is a BIG Plus since I'm into Video Editing and Gaming, and 1 more PCI-Epress Slot, and 800Mhz System Bus as apposed 2 a 533Mhz. but then again if I get the $100 Cheaper 1, then go buy a second 80GB HDD, though I lose 1 PCI Express Slot, and I'm down 70Mhz(I say that Like I care). so between these 2 PCs it's Either the 420GR with an Extra 80Gb HDD(240GB Total) with a System bus of 533Mhz, or the 500GR with a 200GbHDD and a 800Mhz System Bus. in any1s opinion, would you take the 40GB extra for another $20 or would u save $20 have 40GB less and Have an extra 267Mhz on the System Bus? thats what it comes down 2 on these 2 PCs

and 1 Last tower, for the same Price as the Gateway 420GR with an extra 80Gb HDD I can get the
Medion 4100E Pentium 4 2.8GHz Computer witch is 193Mhz slower then the Gateway and 80GB Less(so a total of 160GB), but has a 800Mhz System Bus, and comes with a nVidia GeFORCE 5300 128MB PCI-Express, so more so 80GB of space or the nVidia Card between this PC and the Gateway 420GR but then again, I was already thinking about buying a Diamond Stealth Radeon 9200SE PCI 128MB Video Card like 2 weeks later or so on the next paycheck.

also for the heck of it This is the Monitor I'm looking at:
BenQ FP531SB 15" LCD Monitor don't really wanna pay more then $300CDN for the Monitor, tho I'm gonna look around and see what else there is for that price

now this all comes down 2 opinions about setups and shit, like I've stated it's gonna be for Video Editing and Gaming, so Power is Good, I'm not looking for any1 2 make up my mind. just opinions on hardware an Brands. and possibly things I might not need so I shouldn't pay extra for, I know that most of this shit in all these PCs will get heavy usage so that won't be a problem. also if u think I may have left somthing out, that would be somthing u could mention, tho I've covered most I want and Need. and Next Things I should worry about with Brand names, like is 1 more likly 2 fail then the other? compatibility Issues with Games, well I guess u can't help me there without listing off games, but we won't go there. thank you for your time and opinions, and reading my shit

cromat44

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »

if you can open a xbox, you can build a pc... so just save some money and do it yourself... those companies skimp and give you cheap stuff in many places... like slow ram, poor mobos etc.... just build one, it takes less than two hours including installing xp and is really easy

and since you're into power, building it will let you chose exactly what you want... and its cheaper

evilhomer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

Use a AMD XP chip, or if you can afford it, get the AMD 64 bit chip, sooooo fast, sooo wonderful......sry, kinda faded out for a second.   Serously tho, use a ASUS motherboard, (bet on the market) and an AMD chip, with kindston ram.
Nuff said.

* illusion *

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

cromat44

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (* illusion * @ Oct 29 2004, 03:07 PM)
Or do a Cyberpower system.

nonononononono.....
don't buy cyberpower... you might survive unscathed... but most likely you will get screwed...

seriously just build it, not near as hard as you think. just pluggin stuff in

www.newegg.com  

you can build something better, and more custom...