xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Controller  (Read 377 times)

XBOXguy

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« on: February 24, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

o.k.....

What about drivers for a Mac? I have tried finding a driver for the X Box controller for a while now. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-XBOXguy

XBOXguy

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »

o.k.....

What about drivers for a Mac? I have tried finding a driver for the X Box controller for a while now. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-XBOXguy

skeen

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

Here's another one that might be worth checking out called rbjoy. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it's any good.
http://www.ralf-biedermann.de/RB-Joy/rb-joy.html
http://www.clana3d.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=55

Label2021

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 07:54:00 PM »

I can succesfully use my xbox controller with my PC games and such. But I got the driver from psxpad (best driver I could find) Unfortunately, I need support for mapping an Xbox controller button to a certain keyboard press. Such as, If I press the A button on my controller, the PC will think I pressed the F5 keyboard key. Is there a driver that can do this specifically? It should be possible for an add-on or something that can recognize ANY gamepad input button and map it to a keyboard key. Even if it wasnt an xbox controller. Does anyone here know where I could get something like this? Thank you for your help!

Label

Softco Industries

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 08:14:00 PM »

You could write a program that does that.  The only problem is that the program may only pick up key strokes and button pushes in the program itself, not Windows.  It's possible, but my coding knowledge is medium.

Label2021

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 10:35:00 AM »

I have no knowledge on HOW to do this.I was hoping its already been done or soemthing. Has it?

quall

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

by the way. the digital/analog XBCD drivers work the best, so if you have any probs with that psx drivers you may want to change.

Psilocybe

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »

there are programs that map buttons to keys on the keyboard, i forget what they are called or where i found them but you should be able to
look for something like joy2mouse or something like that

esj

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 03:50:00 PM »

http://girder.nl

its confusing as hell though

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2003, 04:03:00 PM »

I did it, but believe me its not worth it. Even for halo pc. It just doesnt work up to par with some of the gamepads out there.

EDIT: BTW esj, your sig shows just how sad you really are.

This post has been edited by Fuzzy: Dec 15 2003, 12:04 AM

Psilocybe

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »

I did it, but believe me its not worth it. Even for halo pc. It just doesnt work up to par with some of the gamepads out there.

i used my xbox controller for halo pc, but this worked nicely with my codeunderground drivers as halo actually had support for usb controllers
most games however don't and then you do need a program to bind the buttons to keys, for those games i just learn to use the key/mouse

Label2021

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

Hm, people say keyboard is MUCH better with FPS's but I cant do it too well with Unreal tournament 2003. And that game doesnt take buttons, ill look further for this proggie and post results, thank you again for your helpp. If anyone else finds it PLEASE let me know

Label

EDIT-keyword search of "joy2keyboard" came up with 1 result on google. a public forum. It was a matter of seconds before someone answered the reply of "where did you get that joy2keyboard progy" that someone else asked. Found the proggie and now im going to test it. If anyone one else would like to try it, heres the link!

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/jo...ey/english.html

Thank you so much everyone. This topic can be kept for referrence for other people i guess

This post has been edited by Label2021: Dec 17 2003, 02:46 AM

Psilocybe

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2003, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (Label2021 @ Dec 17 2003, 05:35 AM)
Hm, people say keyboard is MUCH better with FPS's but I cant do it too well with Unreal tournament 2003. And that game doesnt take buttons, ill look further for this proggie and post results, thank you again for your helpp. If anyone else finds it PLEASE let me know

Label

EDIT-keyword search of "joy2keyboard" came up with 1 result on google. a public forum. It was a matter of seconds before someone answered the reply of "where did you get that joy2keyboard progy" that someone else asked. Found the proggie and now im going to test it. If anyone one else would like to try it, heres the link!

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/jo...ey/english.html

Thank you so much everyone. This topic can be kept for referrence for other people i guess

look up joy2mouse
your results will be better
i'll find the prog for you if i'm not too lazy
trust me this is the prog you want
or one like it
also try download.com, tucows.com, etc

edit- took me like 2 seconds to find this, why does everyone go to google to look up anything and everything?  a program would be found on a download page, not a web search engine
anyway here are the links to 2 programs
Joystick-2-mouse 2.60?
Control Manerager 2.1

sidenote, for best search engine mamma.com is the way to go, mamma searches 10+ search engines and combines the results

This post has been edited by Psilocybe: Dec 17 2003, 04:35 AM

Label2021

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »

But I already found the program? Like I stated in the post that you replied to...Well anyways I will try these other ones also to see which out of the 3 i like best. Thanks anyways. BTW the first link doesnt work for me.

Label

EDIT-And 2nd link works but downloads.com doesnt seem to have the file.....I should still be able to easily find the prpgrams either way...

EDIT2-the control manager is only for CH USB gamepads and joysticks. Latest version is 3.0, and is found on their homepage. The toher program (joystick 2 mouse) here is a link for it since other didnt work

http://www.tucows.com/preview/292788.html

Im about to try it now. Thanks

EDIT3-That Joystick-2-Mouse works PERFECTLY for Unreal tournament '03 I can map the thumbsticks to my mouse and map my thumbsticks to buttons, along with mapping my buttons to a keyboard key. Works great...thanks a bunch

Label

This post has been edited by Label2021: Dec 18 2003, 03:24 AM