xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pso Character Transfer  (Read 342 times)

Blank

• Archived User
Pso Character Transfer
« on: June 21, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (The Pen is mightier @ Sep 28 2003, 12:47 PM)
ftp to the comp from his, then ftp it to your xbox.

This ended up corrupting my character...

rob1309

• Recovered User
Pso Character Transfer
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »

with this game it doesn't work that way
the saves are eeprom specific so you can't just copy it over
if you use friend's eeprom, it'll work
other than that....maybe the cancopymod for ms dash but who knows

Six Dreams Of Black

• Archived User
Pso Character Transfer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

Ok, i have a very high level character on my Gamertag. I transfered it through a memory card to the other XBOX, the Box that i am transfering from has been banned... and i just dont want to fix it, but i will , but i thought i could just go online on the other xbox, but when i pop in PSO, it doesnt read my Gamertag, and then i go to NEW GAME DATA, because that is the only thing i can chose, it goes to the Dead Lincoln / UNSC Spartan, i put in the password for Dead Lincoln, and then i go to the characters, and there is nothing... what do i need to do? i am scared... Please help...!

-OMG I AHTE ME RIGHT NOW!

-SIXTH!!!

shanafan

• Archived User
Pso Character Transfer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (Six Dreams Of Black @ Jun 26 2004, 12:54 AM)
Ok, i have a very high level character on my Gamertag. I transfered it through a memory card to the other XBOX, the Box that i am transfering from has been banned... and i just dont want to fix it, but i will , but i thought i could just go online on the other xbox, but when i pop in PSO, it doesnt read my Gamertag, and then i go to NEW GAME DATA, because that is the only thing i can chose, it goes to the Dead Lincoln / UNSC Spartan, i put in the password for Dead Lincoln, and then i go to the characters, and there is nothing... what do i need to do? i am scared... Please help...!

-OMG I AHTE ME RIGHT NOW!

-SIXTH!!!

Your character is probably linked to the original Xbox's EEPROM, which is banned.

So, it sounds like you are SOL

shanafan

• Archived User
Pso Character Transfer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 08:08:00 PM »

Ok, i have a very high level character on my Gamertag. I transfered it through a memory card to the other XBOX, the Box that i am transfering from has been banned

But wait, how did you transfer your character to a memory unit? That isn't possible with the MS dash. Did you use CanCopyMod?

Six Dreams Of Black

• Archived User
Pso Character Transfer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »

I transfered my Live Account, i dont mind, i like the game, i have connections... i can get weaps and what not, i mean i just made a new character, : already Lvl: 20!

wait though, should i wait until i unban my EEPRom account on my banned xbox, and THEN transfer the account... and then i will play on my characters? or am i SOL either way and i should just start over..? until i get my eeprom unbanned...

so yeah

-Sixth

monke

• Archived User
Pso Character Transfer
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 02:32:00 AM »

Sorry for the double post, look below.

monke

• Archived User
Pso Character Transfer
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 02:34:00 AM »

The charechters are linked to the original xbox eeprom, however, it does not matter if the eeprom is banned or not, it is simply linked to the original, I looked though the hex of my charcheters but didn't find anything resmbling the eeprom live code, I didnt look for the mac address though, mabey it is linked to that.

The stupid CanCopyMod, what is that? You can just edit the gamesave.xbe I think it is to copy it, there is a line that says NOCOPY=1 and you just remove it, this doesn't help with pso though, It will still be linked to the original eeprom, banned or not, it will only work on that xbox unless you update the new xboxs eeprom.

The Pen is mightier

• Archived User
Pso Character Transfer
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »

ftp to the comp from his, then ftp it to your xbox.