xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Paris Cars In Kudos Challenge.......custom Classes  (Read 100 times)

hogfan

• Archived User
Paris Cars In Kudos Challenge.......custom Classes
« on: August 28, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

Ok, I've installed the Paris cars and they are working fine in Time Attack Mode.  I read in another thread here that I can add these cars (create a new class) in Kudos World Series mode by adding the following line to classes.ini.

[CLASS]
Name = "Paris Cars"
ID = 1014

My classes.ini file has this at the bottom, however, when I go into Kudos World Series mode, the class Paris Cars Does not show up as a class choice.  Am I  misunderstanding this somehow?  Do I need to edit another .ini file to make this work.  Any help appreciated.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

Kudos World Series are missions. The addon content has no new missions.

However, pgr2 is fully costomizable. The easy way is to add the new car to one on the other classes. You can also edit races.ini.

hogfan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

Ok, makes sense now.  Another question.  Will this work?  I turn my modchip off and run PGR2 from the original disc.  Then I sign up for my free Xbox LIVE trial.  During the trial I BUY the booster packs off LIVE (and later cancel my LIVE account).  Then I turn my modchip back on and move the d/led content to the appropriate folders in my HDD install of PGR2 directory.  After doing this, the tracks should work correct?  I know the maps are signed, but they should work if I get them from LIVE right?  I currently have all of the cars, but It's mainly the new tracks I'm after.  I want to drive in Long Beach and Paris, but I don't use LIVE and want to be able to use these courses offline in Multiplayer mode.    PGR2 editing is fun (and I haven't even touched the editor yet!)  It's amazing how easy things are to modify.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 07:08:00 AM »

It will work. Once you have the content you must just do some copy and pasting of text into the files you are copying from the disc. If you screw it up you can allways download the content for free again, once it is paied for. Pgr2 is very easy to edit yes. All the configs, menus, and text, is stored in plain text.