xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pgg2 Editor Problems  (Read 140 times)

jayman16

• Archived User
Pgg2 Editor Problems
« on: July 17, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

Everytime I try to get the pgr2 editor to load it just freezes???  I'm no noob, and I have everything set up per the instructions that came with the dl.  Has anyone else had this or any problem with the program?  Thanks for any help.

webscripter

• Archived User
Pgg2 Editor Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

i tried to find all possible freezes and replace them with error messages so i'm not quite sure what it is.  Have you copied (keep the cars.ini and carcolours.ini in the media) to the frontend folder of your game which you have on the harddrive?
Is your path correct?  Can you copy the exact path you have in path.ini?
make sure it's on the first line.

EDIT: does it freeze to a black screen or are the ini contents already drawn onto the screen? If this is the case try to control the app with the "left-est" controller you have in your ports.

jayman16

• Archived User
Pgg2 Editor Problems
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »

OK, well I got the program to work.  The .zip file I DL didn't have a media folder so I made one.  Now the program works but can you lower the sensitivity of the right analog stick.  It is impossible to get to a car you want.  Also, what are the best values to change?  How do I turn the mini into a Enzo?  Can you give me the values to change for the basic attributes:  top speed, accel, handling please.  Thanks for your help.

webscripter

• Archived User
Pgg2 Editor Problems
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »

tongue.gif
So if you tap the right thumbstick while holding the L trigger you just move one car at a time.  Ini switching will be in a future version

quote:
The .zip file I DL didn't have a media folder so I made one

the program doesn't work without a mediafolder, it has the wallpaper and the needed ini's inside.  Did you make a media folder in the pgr2editor folder????
or did you make one in the pgr2 game folder because that isn't needed.

jayman16

• Archived User
Pgg2 Editor Problems
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

No I added a "media" folder inside the pgr2editor folder.  Thanks for the info about holding L down, I must have missed reading that.  I recently when and added every color to every car, and every car to every class.  It's awesome because I hated the american muscle class, with all the horrible hoosier cars.  Now I can drive whatever I want.  Ah the 360.

webscripter

• Archived User
Pgg2 Editor Problems
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

wink.gif Glad to hear you got it working though.

jayman16

• Archived User
Pgg2 Editor Problems
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »

I made the media folder and just to be safe I put every file that came in the .zip file into the folder.

Master Reefed

• Archived User
Pgg2 Editor Problems
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (jayman16 @ Jul 22 2004, 03:25 AM)
the american muscle class, with all the horrible hoosier cars.

I must be a hoosier, personally I prefer "Redneck"

Cause they are my favorite cars to play in this game, the old Corvette Stingray, is the most fun to drive.

The Enzo is Awesome as well, thats why I took its stats, and manually changed the ini to make my SVT Mustang have the Ferrari Enzo's stats    biggrin.gif

And I dont take offense to you calling me a "Hoosier", but I do think your a @#$ if there isnt one car in there ya like? mad.gif

lol
jk
to each his own

But, bet my Mustang would own you in anything ya could bring to a race!