xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Removing Tb And Bm Dependencies  (Read 60 times)

grifter66

• Archived User
Removing Tb And Bm Dependencies
« on: March 16, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »

I have seen this sentence: Remove the Tribunal and Bloodmoon dependencies
Mentioned quite a few times.
Now what I want to know is what do people mean by that and how do you remove them.

Now I myself haven't even attempted this because I'm not sure what it means to do.

From what I understand (And if I'm wrong please let me know) is this:
1. Get a mod you want to use
2. Open it up in the TEDTK
3. You will now see the.esp file
4. In the window of the tool there are boxes you can check
Morrowind
Bloodmoon
Tribunal

5. Check off Bloodmoon and Tribunal
6. Use the remove Dependencies box at the top of the tool (The red --- line)
7. These will now be removed.

Is it required for you to remove Bloodmoon and Tribunal from the .esp file in order to get it to work? or is this not neccessary, or is this unknown at the time

And if you need to remove them, after doing so do you need to convert it from .esp to .esm

I already know that you have to update the verision however what do you do if it is already at the curtrent version?
Would you keave it alone or is it advisable to click update current version anyway just to be on the safe side?

Now I'm assuming that that's the procedure for doing this and why you would do it. Whether that is right or wrong could someone please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

grifter66

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »

I know how to use the tool in fact I have been using the tool for a while.

I was asking these 3 things

1. Is the way I described above, the procudure used, to remove a dependency from a file.

2. I also was asking:
Once you remove a dependency from the file, is it required to change the file type.

3. If a file is already at the current update would it be advisable to update the file anyway.

In other words lets say my Morrowind.esm is at version 1.3
and the .esp file is at version 1.3
Would you still update the .esp file anyway or will this not matter.

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »

1) I was never fully sure how the program removed or added dependencies. I can only go on what I believe I remember about TESDTK. I think what I did when I wanted to be sure I removed dependencies was like this; I believe I unchecked morrowind, checked bloodmoon and tribunal, and then pressed the remove dependancies button, and rechecked morrowind. I don't believe that I put a check in morrowind if there wasn't one to begin with.

2) I never heard or realised that you could use an .esm file like an .esp file. I had always thought that morrowind.esm was the only esm file that would load from data files.  If .esm files can be run the same way as .esp files, you might try using those instead to get land mods to work.  However, it is not required to change file types as far as I know, unless there are compatibility issues.  There might be, since I still have no idea if you can run .esm files from data files just like .esp files.

3) I don't think anyone has gotten an answer on this one. I think half of the time, I updated them anyway to be sure. I don't think it made a difference.

By the nature of some things being unclear even with a really good description, you can see why trial and error is necessary in order to determine what works. Because I would bet that the majority of people are just as unsure, and still unsure why their mods work and if the tools were understood correctly.