xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kotor Not Working Off Hdd  (Read 248 times)

baddass4444

• Archived User
Kotor Not Working Off Hdd
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:05:00 PM »

Game loads and everything, except for the dialog of others (when I try to talk to other people) goes REALLY fast and basically just skips past it.

Is this a common problem with an easy fix?

Thanks for any help!!

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »

Got me on that one. I don't think I've ever heard of that problem with this game.

Big help, I know. But it answers one of your questions... no, it isn't a common problem. blink.gif

Using any mods, or anything other than the stock game files?

baddass4444

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(VoxAngel @ Jan 29 2008, 12:26 PM) View Post

Got me on that one. I don't think I've ever heard of that problem with this game.

Big help, I know. But it answers one of your questions... no, it isn't a common problem. blink.gif

Using any mods, or anything other than the stock game files?

Just using the normal game...

Haven't played for a couple of years and wanted to fire it up, but when I try to talk to others it just speed skitps through it... Very Strange

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »

After looking around some, I've come up with exactly nothing. dry.gif

I don't suppose this could be a controller issue? I've had similar problems with other games where things were happening way too fast, and seemed to be out of control, only to find that my controller was "sticky" and was causing the problems.
It's one of those things that tends to get past us, since we usually look to the game or system for the answer. Sometimes the problem is in the palm of your hand. unsure.gif

eh, my bad. I totally bypassed the first, and most obvious question I should have asked... does it play off the disc? If so, then something probably just broke when you copied it to the hdd.

baddass4444

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(VoxAngel @ Jan 30 2008, 01:05 AM) View Post

After looking arouund some, I've come up with exactly nothing. dry.gif

I don't suppose this could be a controller issue? I've had similar problems with other games where things were happening way too fast, and seemed to be out of control, only to find that my controller was "sticky" and was causing the problems.
It's one of those things that tends to get past us, since we usually look to the game or system for the answer. Sometimes the problem is in the palm of your hand. unsure.gif

eh, my bad. I totally bypassed the first, and most obvious question I should have asked... does it play off the disc? If so, then something probably just broke when you copied it to the hdd.

I thought it could be the controller too, but the controller works perfectly fine in other games and other uses...

And I tried 2 different controllers

baddass4444

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »

I tried to re-copy it onto the HDD and it is still doing the same thing...

Is there a patch or something else I need when I am putting it on the xbox HDD?

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »

None that I've ever heard of. As I said, this isn't a common problem, so there was never any fix for it afaik.

Have you tried deleting the cache files? Does it happen with a new game, saves?

GaryMcShane

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »

The game isn't working for you because you didn't fully copy the whole disc to the hard drive. You should double check the contents of the disc and compare them with the contents of the directory you have copied the files to.

The dialog will not show up unless the dialog files are present.

baddass4444

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

So I just tried it off disc, and it was working great until I got to Upper City Taris Outside of the Apartments building, I try and talk to Carth... and I'm back to the speed skipping again...

Gotta Love IT!

Stupid

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 11:53:00 PM »

I just fired up the game again after years of not playing it and I am also having the same issue.

Did you ever find a fix for this?

Clockface

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 06:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Stupid @ Jun 18 2008, 07:29 AM) View Post

I just fired up the game again after years of not playing it and I am also having the same issue.

Did you ever find a fix for this?

It's never done this to me, it's always ran fine from hard drive, did you use DVD2XBox to transfer it to hard drive, as I did? Also, check your TV settings (PAL/NTSC etc), as perhaps that has changed?

Aside from that, check that your XBox's date is correct, as some games need the date to be set to run correctly, and make sure you don't have (as someone else said) a stuck Box controller (button or stick), I can't suggest anything else, sorry.

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 12:29:00 AM »

this actually was a common problem back then for people who didn't use DVD2Xbox. something about too many files. anyway, it should be fine if you do use DVD2Xbox to put it in the HDD, but i have nothing else to offer if you did.

Stupid

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »

Thank you. That was it. I must have been missing some of the files.