xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Zelda Series: Best Series Ever?  (Read 329 times)

VitoDauelo

• Archived User
Zelda Series: Best Series Ever?
« on: December 27, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

I don't think i've gotten more satisfaction out of playing a series than i did from playing most of the Zelda games.  Ocarina of time is without a doubt one of the greatest games to ever be made, if anyone disagrees go to www.gamespot.com and check to see that is 1 of 2 games that has gotten a perfect 10.0/10.0  

I also think that Zelda gets overlooked a bit, and that isn't fair because it's definitely old school, and its definitely a fantastic series laugh.gif

re4de2ye0

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

I would have to agree with you.  I have always liked Zelda and just last night I was playing "The Legend of Zelda" on NES.  It is still of my favorite games.  I hope that they will continue to produce Zelda and hopefully if Nintendo makes a new console we can get a Zelda title on launch day.

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

yea ocarina of time can compete with halo. but i dont rly like the newer titles like windwaker. all the games after ocarina of time just lost me. they should make it more serious like graphics wise. i dont like the cartoonish style they r using.

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

I rather liked the cell-shaded look in Windwaker, though it caused quiet a furor.

OoT was great.  Extremely long.  Lots of depth.

Aside from Zelda II: The Adventures of Link (one of the most disappointing games ever) I love all the Zelda games.  Looking very forward to the next game.  smile.gif

nagmine

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

hell i even like the game boy version of zelda... i cant remeber the name lol. Anyways im looking forward to the more mature version of zelda coming out for the GCN this year :).

VitoDauelo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

i thoroughly enjoyed Windwaker and i thought the graphics were beautiful.  As for the newest version which is gonna be on GCN Q1 2005...im basically shitting my pants because the screen shots look fantastic and it could be the greatest game ever ever ever made.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »

No, Zelda is not the best series ever.  I wouldn't even put it in the top 5.

VitoDauelo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

who the hell are you kidding? have you ever played videogames before? Zelda is one of the most revered series' ever created...what are your top 5 then dick lips?

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

Zelda is one of the most "revered" series ever, sure, just like Britney Spears is one of the best selling musicians ever.  this doesn't mean she's talented, and it doesn't mean the Zelda games are all that great.  Popularity doesn't make something inherently great, ever.

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

zelda is indeed one of the best series' ever. i have to agree with chelfelf and zelda 2 is a crap game, i played for about 30 mins then couldn't bring myself to carry on, but one day i shall carry on playing it. i have played all of the other games, my favourite being ocarina of time. this game was truly a masterpiece, it is one of my favourite games ever made, and easily the best zelda game to date.

wind waker was also very good, a very close second, the graphics did not bother me, i found it very oot-style which i enjoyed, however anyone who has completed it will agree that searching for the 8 shards was a shit and boring part of the game. i also found this game rather depressing (not disappointing, just very sad) after finding out the plot, a few may agree with me on this. overall close second.

majoras mask was good, but not as good as the other two 3d zeldas though. i think they just tried to stop people getting bored by giving them the same as oot, but hell if it was exactly the same as oot i would have played it anyway. the 3 day system was a bitch, and failure to hurry would result in repeating like 2 hours of gameplay, though the song of time doubling the length was very helpful after i discovered it. biggrin.gif

the capcom gameboy games were okay, but in my opinion (no flaming) didn't have much of a zelda feel to them, probably because they were not set in hyrule, i also remember them being ridiculously difficult, but that was years ago. overall not bad, but not as good as the nintendo first party ones.

i will never forget riding across hyrule field (old hyrule) on epona, the size of hyrule field gave a great experience, and is one i shall never forget. infact if someone asked me my favourite game ever i would either choose half-life or ocarina of time.

the only reason why i am keeping my gamecube is for windwaker/oot port, and the new zelda game (i'm an xbox man now due to the modding), i was very excited when i woke up the day after the e3 conference and say 'The Legend Of Zelda' trailer on the internet, this was breathtaking and will make the series even better than it already is, (not because of the graphics, as i said earlier visual presentation has no effect in a zelda game, even 2d ones have the potential to be better than 3d ones), and i am surely going to buy it the very day it comes out, even if i have no money, i will find a way.

so in response to the topic, yes best-series-ever. im sorry for rambling on but it is a chat forum and im just sat here waiting for something to finish burning so its better to do something constructive, i realise my grammar hasn't been as good as it normally is but im typing this quite fast as i think it and not really putting sentences together well. see im doing it again.........

VitoDauelo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

so basically...nemt hasn't ever played video games before..and you are a moron..everyone else seems to agree with me.  beerchug.gif

nagmine

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

yeah nemt must be on drugs... zelda is one of the only series that hasnt disapointed me.

el_diablo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2004, 12:07:00 AM »

half of you guys are on drugs lol
what about final fantasy?
i reckon final fantasy and zelda are the best series ever!!!

but final fantasy has started sucking since enix joined
*shakes fist at enix*

and ff:cc on gamecube just god damn sucked all together... takes me like 3hrs to finish it

This post has been edited by el_diablo: Dec 28 2004, 08:08 AM

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 12:36:00 AM »

I challenge to name 5 series better than Zelda.

As individual titles, none of the Zelda titles may my 10 games of all time.  But as series go, the Zelda series is solid.

You've got

Zelda
Zelda: 2 (which I actually really enjoyed)
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Zelda: Link's Awakening (and Awakening DX)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Zelda: The Wind Waker
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Zelda: The Minish Cap (haven't played it yet)

I hated the look of Wind Waker, but they're all really good games.  At last year's E3, Nintendo surprised everyone by showing a trailer for a new GC Zelda title with Ocarina of Time style graphics.

cainedna

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

Nemt, I can see if Zelda isn't your cup of tea, but comparing Zelda as the Britney Spears of videogaming? Like, I don't care for the Madden titles or Warcraft, but it's not like I can't see the merit in them. I'm really curious what series you'd put higher than Zelda.
I don't know if I'd put any specific Zelda titles in my top 5, but it's most likely my favorite overall series. Tetris never gets old for me, neither does Smash Bros Melee...
Pages: [1] 2 3