xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modding Influence In Kotor2  (Read 104 times)

Adelpha

• Archived User
Modding Influence In Kotor2
« on: September 08, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »

Hi,

I'm new to this so please excuse the noobness.  I'm still waiting for the email to post in the Holowan Labs.

I'm a good bit into the game, but along the way there were many points I think I should have gotten influence with charactors and didn't, hindering many conversations in the game.

Is there a way to bump up the influence for a charactor so I can progress in the conversations?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Adelpha

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

I read on Holowan that you can do this with KSE on the savegame, and set everything to 100 ? I downloaded it but it wanted the PC game directory.  I have KOTOR 1 for PC, if I install it, will I be able to edit a savegame from KOTOR 2 for the XBox ? Sounds a bit dodgy to me...

Advice appreciated.

Adelpha

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 06:05:00 AM »

Back again....

I downloaded KSE, got the savegame from the XBox as well as the other few files only to discover that my influence with Handmaiden was 100, this is the maximum isn't it ??

Then why does the sentence "I wanted to ask you about Atris." always have "influence failure" ? I'm stumped...

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »

Influence base is 50, so 100 would be maxed. But just because your influence is that high, doesn't mean there aren't other factors involved in various parts of the story. There could be any number of script triggers that need to be set before certain conversation lines will continue, regardless of your current influence.

Adelpha

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

Thanks for the info. Will start moddin' myself if I get time, gonna try makin' my own game from scratch and to see how the scripting works will be very helpful.

Thanks again.