xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can Someone List A Few Mods That Work With Xbox  (Read 62 times)

lcarbutt

• Archived User
Can Someone List A Few Mods That Work With Xbox
« on: July 10, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

I have been having a hard time getting any mods to work for kotor2 on the xbox, I read once that there is a scripting error in kotor2 and that you have to fix first, is this true? so far I have created a override file in the game directory and shoved the mods into it but so far none have worked :( I would just like a short list of cool mods that are knowen to work with xbox 100% and any other suggestions into what I might be doing wrong

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(lcarbutt @ Jul 10 2005, 04:10 PM)
I have been having a hard time getting any mods to work for kotor2 on the xbox, I read once that there is a scripting error in kotor2 and that you have to fix first, is this true? so far I have created a override file in the game directory and shoved the mods into it but so far none have worked :( I would just like a short list of cool mods that are knowen to work with xbox 100% and any other suggestions into what I might be doing wrong

First off, you might want to change your ini file to reflect these changes:

[Alias]
HD0=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II
OVERRIDE=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Override
ERRORTEX=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Errortex
TEMP=z:\Temp
MODULES=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Modules
LOGS=t:\Logs
LOCALVAULT=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\LocalVault
DMVAULT=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\STREAMMusic
TEMPCLIENT=z:\Tempclient
SAVES=u:\
CURRENTGAME=z:\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\StreamWaves
GAMEINPROGRESS=z:\GAMEINPROGRESS
REBOOTDATA=z:\rebootdata
LIPS=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Lips

If you open it for the first time, most of the lines will say d: on it.  So change that to reflect the updates above.

Second, make sure you read the author's included readme.txt on the mods.  Some of the mods are only available via the PC cheat console, so obviously, those ones won't work on the Xbox.  I've always stated that before you download or install these mods, read the instructions because it gets a bit frustrating when you ftp 20 MB's of files to your Xbox only to find out that it doesn't work.

Now as far as working mods for Kotor 2, here's a list that I put together for you.  These ones worked for my system so i'm sure it'll work for yours:

Robes Pack 1
Anakin Skywalker Robes
Bao Dur to Darth Maul
Younger Kreia
Darth Nihilus Reskin
Evil Atris
Various PC Reskins (3 of them)

All these are available on pcgamemods.com.  And just remember, the Xbox's limited memory will have a hard time running some (well most) mods because of the high res textures that some of these use.  Check the pinned topic on top of the forum for some xbox addons that work 100% on our system.

---Your Friendly Moderator, Darth Turtur---

lcarbutt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

Ok, I have gotton some mods to work but I have a game saving problem, whenever I have mods in the override folder I cannot load any games I save, not even from the autosave, I think its saving to a wrong location, this is what I have as my swdirsXbox.ini

(Before you suggest it I do have KotOR II saved in f:)
[Alias]
HD0=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II
OVERRIDE=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Override
ERRORTEX=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Errortex
TEMP=z:\Temp
MODULES=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Modules
LOGS=t:\Logs
LOCALVAULT=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\LocalVault
DMVAULT=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\STREAMMusic
TEMPCLIENT=z:\Tempclient
SAVES=u:\
CURRENTGAME=z:\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\StreamWaves
GAMEINPROGRESS=z:\GAMEINPROGRESS
REBOOTDATA=z:\rebootdata
LIPS=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Lips

Another problem is the "quick ebon hawk" mod, when I go to the console I get to do the question and get the darkside/lightside point,s but it does not teleport me blink.gif  PLEASE HELP sad.gif

lcarbutt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »

Never mind fixed it myself(bad file download)

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(lcarbutt @ Jul 12 2005, 09:52 AM)
Never mind fixed it myself(bad file download)

Glad to hear you got it working...

In the future, make sure that all the gamesaves that you have stored (In case you were wondering, it's under e:\udata\) contain a clean .sig file.  Most of the time, this is what causes the "Damaged Game" message that we all hate.  Also, always always read the included readme file with a mod that you place on your override folder.  If the author didn't include a readme, then it only means that the mod is not worth playing.

KamisamaVX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »

Actually, just a little note on the changing the swdirsXbox.ini file... if you're running it from your hard drive, all you really need to change is the override folder location.  All others should default to where your game is being run from.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(KamisamaVX @ Aug 5 2005, 07:03 AM)
Actually, just a little note on the changing the swdirsXbox.ini file... if you're running it from your hard drive, all you really need to change is the override folder location.  All others should default to where your game is being run from.

True.  But you might as well change the rest of it just to have some kind of uniformity throughout the game.