xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems And Bugs  (Read 154 times)

ModderEarthHAHA

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« on: June 22, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »

Here are a few bugs and problems I have been experiencing with KotOR Tool.
Any help or guidance would be greatly appriciated.
As for the bugs, pherhaps I should also mail these to Fred Tetra...?

[Bugs]

-------------------

Path-Browsing Buttons for game-paths won't work (nothing happens when clicked)
Though all "Other Paths" work just fine.

Conversation Editor, "Add"-option:
The caption of this popup window is the name of the form "frmPromptForString" rather than a

real caption.

-------------------

[Problems]

-------------------
Nwnnsscomp:
I get the following error when trying to use it with any correct syntax (eg. nwnnsscomp -c

-g 2 k_freegift.nss):
Lookup path root set to C:/NeverwinterNights/Nwn/
Error: Couldn't initialize the NwnStdLoader

Notes: I'm using the nwnnsscomp which is distributed with KotOR Tool, and the file

k_freegift.nss is located in the same directory as nwnnsscomp.exe.

KotOR Tool won't find any of the games. I'm using the xbox versions with the games copied to

my PC's harddrive. Of course it won't find any registry keys, but it doesn't find any of the

games even when I enter the paths manually. I even tried changing the names of the folders

of the 2nd game from "dataxbox" and "rimsxbox" to "data" and "rims".

Does the "Other Paths" have to be set to something as well?
I tried leaving them blank, and also changing them to:
Import path: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\dataxbox
Save path: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override
(during this I had the folder names changed back to the xbox-names (dataxbox, rimsxbox))

-------------------

That's about it for now.
Thanks for any assistance.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »

What version of Kotor Tool are you using?  VoxAngel ran into a few problems setting up any transfer protocols too.

One major issue that I've run accross is a template rehashing on tga files that get saved on Temp directories on my PC.  This may be an issue of the lack of using the same support files found in the Swkotor Directory (which should be installed on your hard drive)

Well, we're still looking into this and once we're done with all the testing that needs to be completed, we'll post a how-to tutorial along with all the bugs we encounter along the way.

ModderEarthHAHA

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(darth_turtur @ Jun 23 2005, 01:35 AM)
What version of Kotor Tool are you using?

I'm using v1.0.1900.40262 which is the latest version available on the KotOR Tool website.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(ModderEarthHAHA @ Jun 23 2005, 09:41 AM)
I'm using v1.0.1900.40262 which is the latest version available on the KotOR Tool website.

That may be the problem.

I'll send you a PM in a couple of days.  I'm putting together a little documentation on some bugs and possible (short-term) resolutions for it.  It's not the best nor is it the most convenient, but it'll allow you to perform various operations on key files (especially those damn TGA buggers!)

ModderEarthHAHA

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(darth_turtur @ Jun 24 2005, 01:04 AM)
That may be the problem.

I'll send you a PM in a couple of days.  I'm putting together a little documentation on some bugs and possible (short-term) resolutions for it.  It's not the best nor is it the most convenient, but it'll allow you to perform various operations on key files (especially those damn TGA buggers!)

I don't want to rush you or anything, and I really appriciate the help.
But I thought I'd remind you in case you forgot, since it's been a couple of days now...

I still haven't had any luck with KotOR Tool, I'm trying to get my hands on an earlier version to see if that works.
But as for the nwnnsscomp, is there any drivers that need to be installed to run this?
I've also tried that other guys version of nwnnsscomp with the same results as with FT's.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(ModderEarthHAHA @ Jun 29 2005, 12:08 PM)
I don't want to rush you or anything, and I really appriciate the help.
But I thought I'd remind you in case you forgot, since it's been a couple of days now...

I still haven't had any luck with KotOR Tool, I'm trying to get my hands on an earlier version to see if that works.
But as for the nwnnsscomp, is there any drivers that need to be installed to run this?
I've also tried that other guys version of nwnnsscomp with the same results as with FT's.

Sorry about the delay man...

Send a PM to VoxAngel.  He may still have the earlier version of Kotor Tool.  I have may have deleted when I upgraded my PC's hard drive.

VoxAngel

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

Nope, I don't have one either. I sent a message to the creator of the program (Fred Tetra), but that was a useless attempt. He's never been any help and I didn't expect that to change.

Your problem is the same as anyone else who was shafted by the new version.

The script compiler should work fine (tk102's version). I run it from the bat file and have no problems with it.

ohmy.gif Correction, I seem to have found an earlier version (v1.0.1863.39252). I think this is the one I used while I was making the saves, so it should fix the problem with the new version. The problem is that I have no place to upload it (it's just over 7MB).
If someone can help me out with a place to put this file so everyone can get to it, I'd appreciate it (you can pm me if you prefer).

darth_turtur

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(VoxAngel @ Jun 29 2005, 06:33 PM)
Nope, I don't have one either. I sent a message to the creator of the program (Fred Tetra), but that was a useless attempt. He's never been any help and I didn't expect that to change.

Your problem is the same as anyone else who was shafted by the new version.

The script compiler should work fine (tk102's version). I run it from the bat file and have no problems with it.

:o Correction, I seem to have found an earlier version (v1.0.1863.39252). I think this is the one I used while I was making the saves, so it should fix the problem with the new version. The problem is that I have no place to upload it (it's just over 7MB).
If someone can help me out with a place to put this file so everyone can get to it, I'd appreciate it (you can pm me if you prefer).

Vox,

Email me the program at this address:

[email protected]

I'll upload it on to either my site or my brother's site and send everyone the link to it.  It shouldn't be that big of an issue as long as it's less than 10MB.

Thanks!

BloodKnight13

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »

So anyone that got the new version of KOTOR TOOL is pretty much out of luck.  
Have you gotten the older version up somewhere yet?  
Would like to get it that way when I finally figure out how to talk to my xbox with my pc I can start modding.  biggrin.gif

VoxAngel

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 07:35:00 AM »

The program should be available shortly. As for the other problem, check your email.

ModderEarthHAHA

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(VoxAngel @ Jun 30 2005, 04:33 AM)

As I mentioned, I've tried both the version with KotOR Tool and some other guys version (something with an 'x' in it, can never remember that guy's handle).
So, 'tk102'? Is this another version?

And no, they don't work. I'm guessing I'm missing some drivers... Does everyone else this game for PC as well? Or do you guys have NeverwinterNights (since it uses a variant of the compiler in question... the original version of the compiler in question) installed?
Was thinking that the app may need some drivers that come along with any of these...

VoxAngel

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

Then suffice it to say they don't work for you, since they work fine for me. There are no drivers, it's a small, simple program usually run from a .bat file. If it fails to work for you then you're doing something wrong. Possibly it's just your setup.

I have KotOR for the PC as well as NWN, but I don't have to install these to use the compiler, and never have.

My setup is as follows:

/Override
nwnnsscomp.exe
CompileAll.bat
nwscript.nss

+ any scripts I want to compile.

This post has been edited by VoxAngel: Jul 4 2005, 11:05 PM

ModderEarthHAHA

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(VoxAngel @ Jul 5 2005, 01:04 AM)
If it fails to work for you then you're doing something wrong. Possibly it's just your setup.

Nope, even built the tree exactly like yours to see, but it's just the same error message.
I came across something else, the syntax error in nwscript.nss, which I found information on how to fix and then fixed it. But it still doesn't work.

I'm seriously beginning to thing that this app is just one BIG practical joke, since it DOES NOT WORK.

My setup is as follows:

/Override
nwnnsscomp.exe
CompileAll.bat
nwscript.nss

+ any scripts I want to compile.

Same here, cept the batch, cause I'm typing it all in cmd instead.

x3ro069

• Archived User
Problems And Bugs
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »

vox could you please email me the older version of kotor tool i cannot find it anywhere or send it through msn , my address is [email protected]