xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Where Can I Get Kotorii Mods? Real Override Mods?  (Read 263 times)

gideon25

• Archived User
Where Can I Get Kotorii Mods? Real Override Mods?
« on: January 30, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »

Stuff to put in my override folder? I see someone created a mod for influence for characters that you can change from the workbench. http://forums.maxconsole.com/showthread.ph...28144#post28144
You can add influence to characters and add Light or Dark side points from the workbench! It kicks ass!

Where can we get some more stuff to put in our override folders that do cool things like that? Adding compnents would also be useful. Unfortunately I got these savegames http://home.alltel.net/jls31/saves2.html BUT I got them before he added the high quality compnent stuff so I am in need of compnents and want an easy way other than having to break down everything. I don't want to start over with a new savegame, especially when override mods can be used. Where can I get some more override mods? I know people are making them and it time to share them with the world :) VoxAngel, cough up some override mods, preferebly stuff one can choose thru dialog from the workbench like the override I just linked to please :)

Such would include adding attributes, crystals, and components of course.

This post has been edited by gideon25: Jan 31 2005, 02:13 AM

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »

At the moment, I have a few more saves to finish. But I've been working on the item creation for a couple of weeks.

I've made it so you can create whatever items you want as well as upgrade them. I've also extended the upgrades 4 or 5 levels in most categories.
New sabers, new colors and new crystals are also possible. Lots of potential.

I didn't release any full mods for the first game, but I'm pretty sure I will this time around. When I'm finished with the gamesaves, I'll be working on a couple of full mods.

Dr. Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »

In regards to the workbench. I was the one who modded it. I have since added the ability to give yourself all lightsabers, special crystals, crystal colors, all armor (Robes, Light, Medium, and Heavy), components (adds 15000 components), HK-47 parts, a complete pazaak deck, and the ability to increase your NPC's stats by 50 (i.e. increase str, dex, wis, int, cha, con all by 50 each time you run the script).

On my to do list:
All weapons, belts, masks, helmets, gloves
Increase PC stats
Give feats/powers

Possible additions:
Dual class any character to any class
Travel to various planets/waypoints

Anyway, it's all on the same thread as above. I posted it on Maxconsole because I do use the trainer provided by them. Alos I don't have a webserver to post the workbench. I will be updating the workbench on that page. If anyone has any requests for the workbench please let me know either here or at Maxconsole.

Dr. Shadow

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

Since you've already gone that far, I'll leave it to you.

Pontifice

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »

I had also made a workbench mod for kotor 2

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143505

now i am trying to port it to an armband [DONE]

I have done the warping and traveling and it's working in my console ( not the last version posted )

This post has been edited by Pontifice: Feb 3 2005, 05:05 PM

ModderEarthHAHA

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

I've been practising a bit with gfx mods myself. I have made one where you start the game as a Female Jedi Sentinel Twi'lek Assasin (the white-skinned one).
If anyone is interested I could make a mod with a character of your choice to play as.

I have a few probs though...
I can't extract any gfx for editing from KotOR 2 and I can't convert the gfx's from kotor 1 to a readable format (of course I can't covert the K2 ones either since I can't even extract them)...
I can't do this with KotOR Tool since I only have the xbox versions of the games... sad.gif

Any ideas? Other utils than ktool? some way to do it with ktool?
Thanks.

The thing is that I'm trying to get back Mission into K2... the bastards at Obsidian has deleted her gfx... sad.gif
Also for all you perverts out there who posted in the nude-patch forum, I will attempt to make some lovely nude Twi'lek women... muhahaha...
(and no one tell me to get a real woman, since there are no twi'leks in real life sad.gif ...)

EDIT:
Also, if anyone has tips and/or utils for reading rim files (hope thats where this data lies) for editing of environments. I'd like to add some chars standing in various places in the game that sells you some rare and cool items maybe....

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 03:49:00 AM »

The graphics can be extracted with Ktool just fine (for both games). I extracted dozens myself and used them in my own game.

Getting other characters in a given area is a small problem due to the fact that it usually requires a script in the OnLoad or OnEnter slots of an area. With the xbox version, it's a problem. Still, you can spawn characters via script triggers while you're IN the area. It's a workaround, but it works nonetheless.

ModderEarthHAHA

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(VoxAngel @ Apr 7 2005, 10:19 AM)
The graphics can be extracted with Ktool just fine (for both games). I extracted dozens myself and used them in my own game.

How then? As I said 've got the xbox versions of the two games. And without the PC version from either game, ktool won't let you access any bif's or rim's.
I put the dialogs.tlk (or if it was called dialog.tlk...??) and the chitin.key file in a dir on my pc. Then I put ther dataxbox and rimsxbox files in subdirs with their original names.

[EDIT] Oh, and I also put the dialogs.tlk in c:\ because ktool was complaing about it not finding the file there...[/EDIT]

What am I doing wrong then?

Oh, and by gfx, I'm only referring to the 2d gfx (mainly the textures). Since I have no 3d app to edit those (except poser that is).

Getting other characters in a given area is a small problem due to the fact that it usually requires a script in the OnLoad or OnEnter slots of an area. With the xbox version, it's a problem. Still, you can spawn characters via script triggers while you're IN the area. It's a workaround, but it works nonetheless.

Could you direct me to a guide on how to do this as well as scripting in general? I am eager to learn...
Thanks.

This post has been edited by ModderEarthHAHA: Apr 7 2005, 12:05 PM

One More

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dr. Shadow @ Feb 2 2005, 07:13 PM)
In regards to the workbench. I was the one who modded it. I have since added the ability to give yourself all lightsabers, special crystals, crystal colors, all armor (Robes, Light, Medium, and Heavy), components (adds 15000 components), HK-47 parts, a complete pazaak deck, and the ability to increase your NPC's stats by 50 (i.e. increase str, dex, wis, int, cha, con all by 50 each time you run the script).

On my to do list:
All weapons, belts, masks, helmets, gloves
Increase PC stats
Give feats/powers

Possible additions:
Dual class any character to any class
Travel to various planets/waypoints

Anyway, it's all on the same thread as above. I posted it on Maxconsole because I do use the trainer provided by them. Alos I don't have a webserver to post the workbench. I will be updating the workbench on that page. If anyone has any requests for the workbench please let me know either here or at Maxconsole.

Dr. Shadow

You didn't mention any of that in the thread you are linking to. You also don't explain at all how this is supposed to be used in game.

MC MURD

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

possibly anyone have the resigning code for Xsig, for kotor 2? if so please post it, i can put up an offset table for all the things if someone made one, i can't test them is the problem right now

jmac714

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

http://pcgamemods.com the mods there are mostly compatible with Xbox.

Lilinka

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

Hi, I've been having some trouble with these saves recently and I wanted to know if there was anywhere I could find like a directory listing?

I really, really like VoxAngel's saves, but I don't like the level 50 on start thing, or the sheer ludicrous power of some of the items, which kinda get outta hand.

Anyhow, the problem I've had primarily (other than the level 50 issue) is that my character's alignments become very, very bugged once I reach level 50 on any modded save, though I can't figure out why, does anyone have advice on how to fix/avoid this? Thanks.

(Oh, and Vox, a possible recommendation for your next save set for KotOR II if you're making them would be one with more options of what to expand into, like force powers, etc., and more stuff to make at the workbench, without so much starting power, so it's more balanced and such)

XBoxFan#999

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

If anyone is still playing/reading about KOTOR2: TSL...

Almost all of the mods on PC Gamemods.com (KOTOR II section) work on the XBox.

The only ones that don't work are ones that add new player heads/models to the character creation screen. The reason is that the PC and XBox model formats aren't compatible and usually, the PC models are ones that are hacked/modified into new selectable characters.

Everything else, however, should be fine. I currently have about 15 mods in my Override folder from game and dialogue fixes to actual mods like the Harbinger Quater's Mod and Prestiege Class Items Mod and they work fine and that add a lot more replay value to the game.

iggyemu

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBoxFan#999 @ May 2 2005, 09:46 PM)

The only ones that don't work are ones that add new player heads/models to the character creation screen. The reason is that the PC and XBox model formats aren't compatible and usually, the PC models are ones that are hacked/modified into new selectable characters.

Everything else, however, should be fine. I currently have about 15 mods in my Override folder from game and dialogue fixes to actual mods like the Harbinger Quater's Mod and Prestiege Class Items Mod and they work fine and that add a lot more replay value to the game.

How do you get the mods that require the use of a cheat console to work?

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBoxFan#999 @ May 2 2005, 06:46 PM)

I'm intrigued...So can I just dump the files to my xbox override folder?  E.g. I wanted to use the Robes Pack from pcgamemods so my character(s) can use them.  Are you saying that it will work?
Pages: [1] 2