xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fixing Knights Of The Old Republic  (Read 177 times)

greenie

• Archived User
Fixing Knights Of The Old Republic
« on: February 07, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

It is ripped to my hard drive.  Every time I try to star it, after the initial Lucasfilm logo disappears, a screen comes up that says 'Disc is dirty or damaged.'
I patched the .xbe files with dvd2xbox but nothing happened.
How do I fix this?

ddeanw

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »

I have the same problem, can somebody please point us in the right direction?  Thanks

d4isu

ddeanw

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 09:02:00 AM »

Is there a patch or anything I need to download?  Is it just me?  

thx.

darkstalker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 03:38:00 AM »

That's a generic error that X-Boxes give when they can't find a file. It sounds like your copies of KOTOR are incomplete, guys.

garet74

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »

beerchug.gif ..the game burned on a dvd work perfectly...on another xbox on hard disk work perfecly..i repeated the transfer 3 time but nothing..i also have replaced the swdirsXbox.ini file with the correct information of my hard disk of course but nothings..dirty disc...i don't' understand why on the other xbox work...

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(garet74 @ Jul 1 2005, 12:39 PM)
i have the same problem :beer: ..the game burned on a dvd work perfectly...on another xbox on hard disk work perfecly..i repeated the transfer 3 time but nothing..i also have replaced the swdirsXbox.ini file with the correct information of my hard disk of course but nothings..dirty disc...i don't' understand why on the other xbox work...

Go to pcgamemods.com and download the 2 harddrive patches that they have available.  You obviously have to change the destination on the ini file to reflect F:\Games\SW Kotor (or E: if the game directory is on E)

I'll post more on hex editing later once I clean out all the bugs and figure out some variables on the different xbe files.

garet74

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

my ini file is ok..i tested it on other xbox with the same directory of mine and it work..and i don't find this 2 patches...can you tell me please the name of this patch?

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(garet74 @ Jul 2 2005, 09:50 AM)
my ini file is ok..i tested it on other xbox with the same directory of mine and it work..and i don't find this 2 patches...can you tell me please the name of this patch?

The files are now pinned at the top of the forum.  Hope that helps anyone looking for bugfixes for this.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

try clearing you cache drives even E:/cache

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jul 19 2005, 01:30 PM)
try clearing you cache drives even E:/cache

Thanks for the advise losboyz.  But I think this has nothing to do with the cache directory content.  This is the glitch that happens when you play Kotor 2 off of the HDD.

computerB

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »

i have the same prob, thought it was just me, till i reburned, and reftp'ed 7 times.
where are the hd patch files you have pinned darth ? i cant find them.. did the hd patch work for u guys ?