xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Turret Mod Released  (Read 374 times)

dmauro

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« on: September 18, 2003, 05:13:00 AM »

http://66.98.159.194..._turret_mod.zip

What are you waiting for?

MAKE SURE:
You are playing a gametype where scorpions are available
and
You use the inject.ppf first

Thank you for hosting, Iron Forge.

NME

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 06:00:00 AM »

whats that u feel sorry for us pal users as we miss out on so much stuff and if we ever do get something that was made by u its so old no 1 talks about it anymore.

ur gonna try work it out for pal u the man
u need a pal copy? i think its cool 4 me to send it as u do own halo =) (im sayying all this in wishfull thinking hopeing u will help) but my upload speed max is like 25kbs thats if im not doing anything else

if any 1 else has better upload speeds and dmauro is up for it send it to him

dont worrry it u dont wanna do it dmauro i know it took u time and tons tons of hard work so id understand its just ur the 1 that comes out with the cool hacks and pal always miss out

z33to

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 06:10:00 AM »

very nice work. havent checked it out yet becuz im at school but hey where do u hang out online? irc somewhere?

onlyme

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 06:13:00 AM »

ok i was gonna try and convert it using ppfinfo but the output files were over 50mb, if dmauro could let me know what he changed and what he changed it with i might be able to start doing some pal ppf files.

z33to

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 06:14:00 AM »

its pretty simple but he went to great length to perfect it which is veryu ncie smile.gif

dmauro

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 06:35:00 AM »

IF I had a PAL Map and PAL output files, I could convert it.  But it would take a LONG time bceause there are a lot of pointers that would need to be figured out all over again (you know, the fun part where you just do hex calculations).

I am kind of hoping some new Halo prodigy will spring up that will be able to figure this out real easy (I broke every mod down into it's own pff so it is easier to see what's going on) how this mod works, and then port it to other versions of Halo.  Even PC when that's out.  It's not hard, it just takes a lot of time, because Iron Forge's conversion program can't quite handle it yet.  If Iron Forge could get his program to work with this mod, that would be the best way to port it, and then you could even bring it into other levels very easily.

Liamb2003

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 06:42:00 AM »

dmauro.
2 werds

You Rock!
 beerchug.gif   laugh.gif   biggrin.gif   muhaha.gif   smile.gif

orangerhino

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

DUDE, I can't wait to get home and get this. Schools gonna be soooooo long today. Thanx dmauro, ur the man  beerchug.gif

Lohayonthe9

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 07:32:00 AM »

Nice work can't wait to play with this peice!

yanke10

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003, 07:33:00 AM »

what does it do

Liamb2003

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003, 07:40:00 AM »

turret_2v2.ppf - TURRET 2 VS 2: This places 2 turrets on each base (one on either side of the teleporter).

turret_2vs0.ppf - TURRET 2 VS 0: Only the Blue base gets turrets.  This is good if you want to play 'one-way' ctf or just to give one team a handicap.

turret_0vs2.ppf - TURRET 0 VS 2: Only the Red base gets turrets.  This is good if you want to play 'one-way' ctf or just to give one team a handicap.

turret_1vs_all.ppf - TURRET 1 VS ALL: This places a turret in the center of the level.

turret_mortar.ppf - WRAITH MORTAR TURRETS: This will change the secondary fire of the turrets to Wraith mortars.

fuel_rod_pistol.ppf - FUEL ROD PISTOL: This will change the secondary fire of the plasma pistol to the fuel rod projectile.

homing_rockets.ppf - HOMING ROCKETS: Gives all rockets homing ability.  Your reticle must be a certain distance from an enemy when you fire for them to home in on that person.  The rocket launcher only has a one rocket chamber and can hold three rockets maximum now.

warthog_secondary.ppf - WARTHOG SECONDARY FIRE: The Warthog turret gun now has a secondary rocket fire (yes they will be homing if you used the homing rocket patch).

bomber_ghost.ppf - BOMBER GHOST: The Ghost now flys and drops frag grenades from above.  Excellent for taking out those that are trying to just sit in the back of a Warthog shooting homing rockets (the Ghost is able to outrun homing rockets).

camera_man.ppf - CAMERA MAN: There is now an invisible camera man in the small nook on the shady blue base side of the level.  You must have a trained version of Halo so that you can 'bump' him to become the camera man.  He can fly and has no HUD.  He is excellent at taking screenshots and movies.  Don't worry if he dies, he respawns.  As a side effect to this mod, the pistol reticle is a little different (set to rocket launcher reticle), and the pickup icon will be a rocket launcher.  (Don't pick up any weapons as the camera man as he will then have a HUD)
taken from the readme in the zip file.  dry.gif

P.S: Dmauro u rule beerchug.gif  thought id say that agen

dmauro

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 07:50:00 AM »

Thanks for that post, I probably should have posted all that myself.  Have fun at school today!

BWHAHAHAHA

NVShacker

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 08:00:00 AM »

I_NEED_A_NEW_CONTROLLER

*Censored*

dmauro

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 08:05:00 AM »

umm..... okay.....

Donny

• Archived User
Turret Mod Released
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »

wink.gif

no really though, u guys dont know how much DM contributes to the halo hackin scene.  he is one of the best, and u should all bow down.  thx again man

/me dreads the rest of school...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4