xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ok, My Little Roundup Of Halo.  (Read 133 times)

quad2004

• Archived User
Ok, My Little Roundup Of Halo.
« on: September 28, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

ive been working on my beer drinking time

Fear No Beer beerchug.gif

stinkytwinky

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

why the hell did you bump this

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

user posted image

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »

Alright folks.
After several months of ripping and stuff, I bring to you some qualms, and a few rants, with a little humor mixed in biggrin.gif.

To begin.
Everyone's main concern was the .map hacking and getting those beta weapons inside of the game. This is a bit more than a hunch, its been a bit backed up as well. What I believe is that, everyone, yes, everyone's .map files, contain the weapons. They didn't change it. but, the .xbe, pulls and commands these files and pulls out certain things.

Physical/Mental part
---
Imagine you have a box, and inside the box are miniature weapons. Say, a Magnum, A Pistol, A rocket Launcher, and a Laser. Now, you are a little child playing some sort of game. The child's mind or consious, tells him/her to play with whatever he/she chooses or thinks is most appealing. The child goes into the box, and grabs the Rocket Launcher and the Pistol. He/she begins playing with the toys. Now, pretend the kid is the halo xbe, and the box is a .map file. The child contains instructions (xbe) and the box, contains the toys/weapons (map).

If you didn'tunderstand that here,thtkid is the xbe, its told to only grab certain things out of the .map file, and leave the rest. This "rest" are the other weapons, flamethrower,pulse gun...etc... God only knows, if these weapons are complete, but they are most likely inside of that map. The only diffrences I noticed in the debug and retail versions of halo, was the xbe. Instead of regular variables, it contained, Flamethrower, etc... Which were grabbable/usable by the xbe.

So... If the xbe was hacked well enough with translatable code, it could *possibly* load the beta weapons up.

*Question 2*
Can I add voice support for halo, or any live support in all?

"No. There is no source available for Halo, and I doubt Bungie will ever release it publicly."

*Question 3*
Can I skin Master Chief?

"Unless someone can hack into the .map files, no. The textures are located in the .map files, and are secure. Also, you'd need to grab the shaders as well."

*Question 4*
Can I change vehicles, or change the speed?

"Once again, follow the answer to Q. No. 3. and probably."

If you have any more questions you'd like to ask, please feel free to post them onto this topic, or PM me with them.

I have nothing to do with Bungie. I think Megg was a complete waste of bandwidth and man hours. I don't write maps. I don't have access to source code. If you don't understand anything in this post, please wash your face, eat something, get a drink of coffee, or soda, and then try again.

Thanks to everyone who contributed help, and good luck to HaloHacker (HH). I wish I was still with you guys! biggrin.gif

Ill187

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 10:31:00 PM »

I'm working on hacking the default.xbe for Halo to let it accept hacked save files, which by the way I'm working on also. If it'll let me start witha shotty in the pillar of Autumn then we'll know for sure. My saves will be different from the *bump* saves, I'll hand pick the stuff I want to go on.

Keep it up VGB,

and let's get some serious people posting.

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 10:35:00 PM »

Could you go into more detail?

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 06:50:00 AM »

The halo hacking team is saying a map editor will be ready in three weeks or so.

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 08:08:00 AM »

I was a part of thier team, I'd say about 2 months ago. But I quit due to the group being mostly idle. Good for them!  biggrin.gif

Ill187

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2003, 10:00:00 AM »

Well the default xbe has checks to make sure signed saves are being loaded. If the save isn't signed right the save doesn't load. I'm tring to find the check for loading a save and match the bad call to the good call. So either way it loads smile.gif There are checks for saving save games but I don't need to change it. Once your loaded and get to a new checkpoint the save becomes usable to everyone because M$ signs the save.

In the Pillar of Autumn there is No shotgun. So If I hack a save to start me off with a shotgun, we'll know that it's possible to get weapons that you're not able to get on certain maps. That is of coarse you already know you can. wink.gif

By *bump* saves I mean saves created with the trainer. You can start you game as a hunter on certain boards and other aliens.

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2003, 11:18:00 AM »

Signed or not, the variables will not be able to co-exist with each other.

jimmsta

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »

where did you get the news that the halo hacking team has a possible map editor?

dmack_901

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »

Nevermind nothing

Mage

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (Nailed @ Jul 11 2003, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (Videogamebuyer14 @ Jul 5 2003, 06:13 AM)
Physical/Mental part
---
Imagine you have a box, and inside the box are miniature weapons. Say, a Magnum, A Pistol, A rocket Launcher, and a Laser. Now, you are a little child playing some sort of game. The child's mind or consious, tells him/her to play with whatever he/she chooses or thinks is most appealing. The child goes into the box, and grabs the Rocket Launcher and the Pistol. He/she begins playing with the toys. Now, pretend the kid is the halo xbe, and the box is a .map file. The child contains instructions (xbe) and the box, contains the toys/weapons (map).

WTF is talk like this doing in the development section?  Are you trying to explain Halo to my grandmother? laugh.gif

I was thinking the same thing myself.  jester.gif

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2003, 09:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (Nailed @ Jul 12 2003, 04:14 AM)
QUOTE (Videogamebuyer14 @ Jul 5 2003, 06:13 AM)
Physical/Mental part
---

WTF is talk like this doing in the development section?  Are you trying to explain Halo to my grandmother? laugh.gif

Sorry, I don't know your grandmother.

If you don't appreciate the info, then fuck off. It's that easy.  dry.gif

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »

No more shit, folks.
Pages: [1] 2