xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Version 2 Moding  (Read 139 times)

son171717

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« on: January 04, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

If so can you post links to mods that work.

Speil

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

So far i havnt found anything that works yet. muhaha.gif  grr.gif

DOitMAN

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

I found an ALL in ONE v1.5 that is supposed to work with all versions of GTA SA, but it doesn't work for me. I can't get any of them to work. The game just freezes up after the press start screen at the beginning. If I try to just put the main.scm and american .gxt in there, it freezes during the intro movie, and If I just put the american.gxt in there, I can see the words, like welcome to Spaceeinstein's mod, but Nothinng is modded. So, I don't know. I tried changing them one by one and still no luck. And since I got stuck on the stupid ass Madd dogg mission, where he jumps off before the mission really starts, I think I'm done with GTA. No way do I play that game all the way through again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)  I don't even know If I have Version 2 of GTA or not

Speil

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(DOitMAN @ Jan 25 2006, 12:44 AM) View Post
I found an ALL in ONE v1.5 that is supposed to work with all versions of GTA SA, but it doesn't work for me. I can't get any of them to work. The game just freezes up after the press start screen at the beginning. If I try to just put the main.scm and american .gxt in there, it freezes during the intro movie, and If I just put the american.gxt in there, I can see the words, like welcome to Spaceeinstein's mod, but Nothinng is modded. So, I don't know. I tried changing them one by one and still no luck. And since I got stuck on the stupid ass Madd dogg mission, where he jumps off before the mission really starts, I think I'm done with GTA. No way do I play that game all the way through again. mad.gif  I don't even know If I have Version 2 of GTA or not

Look on the GTA case and it should say Version 2 at the bottom. Also Check the disc. On the left Side or Right side of the Disc On the label it will say Second edition or Version 2

Glasnost

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 04:41:00 AM »

umm, you might want to try the version 1.0 .xbe
hope helps (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

TheSchonk

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

Do you have to have version one gta for the 1.0 xbe?

Glasnost

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 03:34:00 AM »

it's illegal my friend,
try use torrent or use patch, ask z28

TheSchonk

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

What is z28 full name?

Speil

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »

I believe it would take MUUUUUCCCCHHH more than just the Version 1 XBE. When Second Edition came out the files were also modded *gta3.img* to a great extent to remove the code for the "Hot Coffie Mod". But With some Free time I believe one of the ppl round here can get some mods working...

82_Z28

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

I think you might wanna check this tutorial  biggrin.gif
http://www.invisionb...ck&showtopic=45

also, the only disables the "check" the game performs.  Normally, the SA v2.0 default.xbe checks for changes on the gta3.img file.  Maybe some other stuff too.  I thought the people with SA v2.0 should be able to enjoy some good mods without having to get their hands on a v1.0 default.xbe file.  
The two xbe files are the same file size which gave me an idea.  Anyone remember the ppf files used on halo 2 map mods?  same concept here.  More details in the tutorial.  

I still haven't gotten around to testing script mods yet, but I've heard they work.  Rockstar DID change the gta3.img file a little, most likely removing the needed files for hot coffee, so Speil, you were right.

Speil

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »

Would this let the SuperEinstien Mod work?

82_Z28

• Archived User
Version 2 Moding
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 01:46:00 AM »

not sure
just test to see if it works
http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/download.php?id=330

you should be able to mod the script, but pc script mods have always been weird on xbox.

This post has been edited by 82_Z28: Feb 12 2006, 09:57 AM