xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Television Corner Logos  (Read 141 times)

sleepinginmyhead

• Archived User
Television Corner Logos
« on: October 30, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

I am just posting to see if anyone else finds the logos for the station you are watching being constantly in the corner annoying.  I also don't like how they have advertisements for other shows taking up space on the bottom of the screen.  I also don't like when that voice-over guy comes on during the credits to advertise another show and then you can't hear the ending credits song.  This isn't always a problem, but sometimes on South Park they play extended versions of a song they sung in the episode during the ending credits, and there's a few episodes of the Simpsons where the characters sing during the end credits (the best one is when chief Wiggum sings Jammin').  Hopefully I'm not the only person in the world annoyed by this.  I put this in the comedy forum because hating logos on tv is comedy.  I am thinking of starting some sort of group to bother television stations to stop doing this, but I usually just watch TV instead.  Stupid TV, makes you hate it, but then you can't do anything about it because it wastes all your time.  <

celinedrules

• Archived User
Television Corner Logos
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »

It only bothers me when I am trying to find something in the credits and they split the screen so you cant even read it.  <

amicold

• Archived User
Television Corner Logos
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »

Yeah, but the logos bothering you will stop.  <

JuggaloZeke

• Archived User
Television Corner Logos
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 12:38:00 AM »

The station logos will probably always be their. They are they for two reason, that I can gather.

1. Advertisement. They want you to KNOW you're watching their station and maybe even a little subliminal advertisment, you know, you see that logo all the time and it just sticks with you.
2. If you record something off of the TV it will still have the station logo on it, just reinforcing my first statement.  <

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Television Corner Logos
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »

The only ones that bother me are the ones sometimes on channels like HBO and SHOtime.  <