xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [question] Battlefield 2 .viv Extractor  (Read 90 times)

Rellik91

• Archived User
[question] Battlefield 2 .viv Extractor
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »

Ok so I'm trying to work on something for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. I'm trying to make a cheat. I was thinking to myself if this is possible or not, but then it hit me. They've already accomplished this for Halo 2 by editing the map file, re-uploading it, syncing it to Live or what ever.

So the same should be able to be done to Battlefield 2...

I was looking through the games files, looking for map files. The only thing they have are big .VIV files (200+ mb) that are called data1, data2, etc... I don't entirely know what .BIN files are so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there just a way to store a games contents in a big file instead of having a thousand smaller files. So there kind of like .RAR files; containing other files, correct?

So I looked up online to see if I could find a .VIV file opener thingy, and I did have some luck. A program called EA Graphics Editor. It's made to edit .VIV files for graphic purposes obviously, but when I opened my Battlefield data files, all I see is other smaller files that can't be edited in a graphics editor. I did see some .map files when I was browsing through.

Is there a way to extract the files? Does anyone know of a program that will do this?

Rellik91

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »

*Bump*

grimdoomer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »

You could easily hex them out, or just make an app to do it for you. I do not have battlefield 2 so I cant help you much.