xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Advanced Hacks  (Read 49 times)

dmauro

• Archived User
Advanced Hacks
« on: August 20, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »

There are a ton of hacks I want to make that I know are entirely possible, but I don't have time for them all.  And it seems that besides the nighttime and fog on BG, no really cool hacks are coming from this message board.  Maybe it's just because everyone is on #halo, but I am at work and so I can't be on there, so I was hoping there were some halo hackers on here with a more advanced understanding of things.  Here are some things I want to do but haven't had time to do yet:

Make grenades shoot out of guns rather than plop out
Mid-air strafing for flying vehicles
Mounted Gun (read below)

For the mounted gun I am thinking if you made a new vehicle based on the warthog, stripped out unecessary metadata (anything not relating the the gun) (or better yet, just inject shad metadata), make the model the AR or something, and find a way to position the model so that it is in front of the player (hell, don't even use a model to start and it would still be cool).  I know this is possible, and probably wouldn't even be too tough.  It would be so very cool.

Anyone able and interested in working on these projects?  I can offer help and advice.  If not I guess I will take them up myself when I get time as they interest me.

andy_0113

• Archived User
Advanced Hacks
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 11:30:00 AM »

I'd like to help if i can

i have plenty of free time till college starts back in the middle of september

dmauro

• Archived User
Advanced Hacks
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »

Cool, want to make grenades shoot out instead of plopping out?  That would be sweet.  What I would do so that regular grenades don't get messed up also is copy the grenade metadata to the empty data and use an index entry that isn't used (like the flamethrower) to point to it.  Then you can change it so that it has some velocity like a projectile.

unsc1

• Archived User
Advanced Hacks
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 01:44:00 PM »

hey man id like to help just email me or something
we can set up an irc channel maybe

slidellsimba2

• Archived User
Advanced Hacks
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

all very good ideas
but not AS cool as water and fog on more MP maps