xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help With Car Paints And Decals  (Read 115 times)

Jake242

• Archived User
Need Help With Car Paints And Decals
« on: October 22, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(baddog8it @ Oct 20 2006, 10:20 PM) View Post

Uhm well im obviously trying to get custom skins on forza motorsport cars. i am not following the tutorials provided too well. i have attempted to follow along with the tutorial for the tiles method but when i attempt to acces the decals in the garage it freezes. so obviously i did something wrong... i believe it is my photo editor not saving it properly as a 8 bit tga file. and also i have tried to straight up skin the cars but i havent thought much theory into why that didnt show... im thinking that it was the pack unpack tool that i am required to use for that that threw me off as there were several files...  from halo 2 skinning i have the nvidia dds plugin for photoshop and i dont know what to save it as as there are around 20 different options available.

i didnt realise that there were still active people on this forum otherwise i would have posted a long time ago lol.... i didnt expect that since the release of pedros tools and the other tools date in the 05's

you need to save it as indexed 8 bit .tga(it can have no more than 256 different colors)

plus remember it has to be 128x128 or less(otherwise you have to tile it)