xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trans Issue  (Read 88 times)

Jake242

• Archived User
Trans Issue
« on: July 29, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(dc-x3 @ Jul 27 2006, 04:21 AM) View Post

Gday people im a noob at this but i am trying to make a transparent image using psp, i have filled the background with the following ratio 0 255 0 aka green and then exported the image as a 8bit TGA i then extracted the pallet and found that number 5 had my ratio i then changed I to 0 to create the transperency and then injected it back into the TGA as soon as i try rebuild the bin file the file that i have changed decal002.TGA i get this dam windows error IPB Image

can someone please help me out as far as i can tell i havnt done anything wrong

did you check the size of your image?

it cannot exceed 128x128 pixels

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Trans Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 01:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(dc-x3 @ Jul 27 2006, 03:21 AM) View Post

Gday people im a noob at this but i am trying to make a transparent image using psp, i have filled the background with the following ratio 0 255 0 aka green and then exported the image as a 8bit TGA i then extracted the pallet and found that number 5 had my ratio i then changed I to 0 to create the transperency and then injected it back into the TGA as soon as i try rebuild the bin file the file that i have changed decal002.TGA i get this dam windows error

Does your custom decal get injected into the decals.bin and show up in Forza before you apply the transparency?
After you inject the modified transparent palette back into decal002.tga, can you still open it with PSP?  You should be able to (although transparency will be ignored).  This'll verify the modified TGA file isn't corrupt!