xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Transferring Game Save  (Read 107 times)

BoaRd bRYce

• Archived User
Transferring Game Save
« on: July 02, 2005, 11:17:00 PM »

Alright, I know there are a lot of threads here with similar topics, but my problem is somewhat unique. My friend and I have been playing forza for a while, and we each have a profile on my xbox. He just bought an xbox yesterday, and I've been trying to figure out how to get his save on his new box. We play on Live, so I need to be able to do that still. I know I need to resign the save, but how do I do this and still be able to play live? Would someone else be able to resign it for me if I sent you the samegame the the HDD codes?

This post has been edited by BoaRd bRYce: Jul 3 2005, 06:29 AM

BoaRd bRYce

• Archived User
Transferring Game Save
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »

I'm sure its not this simple, but I downloaded Xbox Game Save resigner. If I update the HDD key info in the .ini file and resign the game save, will that work?

brienj

• Archived User
Transferring Game Save
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

If you plan on using it on Live, you can't.  However, if you aren't playing on XBL, you can use my patcher and then will be able to resign the save.  wink.gif

los93sol1

• Archived User
Transferring Game Save
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

Has anyone written an in depth tutorial for this yet?  And will it work for the PAL version of the game...all I can assume is that I am using the PAL version because I have signed the xbe with authkeypatch and made an attempt to patch several different gamesaves and no joy.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong when it comes to patching the gamesaves...I inserted my hddkey (the encryption key right?), and added the lines for Forza to the resign.ini using xsavsig.  I am not quite sure how to go about patching the game though, I patched the userprofile.xml and garage.bin/.dat and the texture files and pkg files in the livery directory.  Am I missing something or what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: been searching high and low on the forums and read through the readme files several times but can't seem to get this working sad.gif

This post has been edited by los93sol1: Jul 3 2005, 09:57 PM

brienj

• Archived User
Transferring Game Save
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(los93sol1 @ Jul 3 2005, 05:00 PM)
Has anyone written an in depth tutorial for this yet?  And will it work for the PAL version of the game...all I can assume is that I am using the PAL version because I have signed the xbe with authkeypatch and made an attempt to patch several different gamesaves and no joy.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong when it comes to patching the gamesaves...I inserted my hddkey (the encryption key right?), and added the lines for Forza to the resign.ini using xsavsig.  I am not quite sure how to go about patching the game though, I patched the userprofile.xml and garage.bin/.dat and the texture files and pkg files in the livery directory.  Am I missing something or what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: been searching high and low on the forums and read through the readme files several times but can't seem to get this working sad.gif

As was explained in the readme file  dry.gif  you should start a new save with the patched xbe file, and then try the resign program on one of the saves from that, that you haven't altered in anyway.  The calculated signature and the current signature should match, if they don't, your HDD Key is wrong.  wink.gif

los93sol1

• Archived User
Transferring Game Save
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

smile.gif Little embarassed since I read through the readme several times and somehow missed that bit of info.  Anyhow, thanks for responding, Ill give it a go like that.