xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Generic Boxart/cartart Project  (Read 5301 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Generic Boxart/cartart Project
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »

Wow!

Can you believe there is a system we don't need any boxart for?

Neo Geo Pocket has boxart for all 50 games included in the Xtras.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »

Awesome work.... buuuuuuudy.   cool.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »

Alright buddy,

Got all of your generic boxarts included so far and they look awesome.  I really can't wait to get this stuff all put together and out there for you guys.  Between these, thecoverproject, HS, and personal touch-ups and those of other members here, these artwork sets are really starting to look super-professional.

Just because we're on a new page here, I figured I'd bring us up to date on what is still needed:

Game Gear: Boxart Not Available, Prototypes
Watara Supervision: No Boxart Available
2600: No Boxart Available, Harem (Pr0n) artwork using http://img511.images...oomswitches.jpg

Thanks again Gilles,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »

Hey Gilles,

....and next system's unlicensed gets that other cute cop to herself.   cool.gif

The payoff for this is going to be big Gilles.  Release time for all of this is approacing.  Just need you guys to hang in there and get some good work out in the next few months.   This all looks so good now it'll blow your mind.

My goal now is to have about 12 systems ready for mutual release, at least Xtras wise, in February or March.

I truly appreciate how you and Madmab come out with skin and emu update one at a time on your own time for the community.  And I've got to tell you that these Generic Boxarts are the missing link to a perfect set of roms.  

Like I said before, I'm just the idea guy, and you guys and gals all make it happen.  I wouldn't be able to do any of this stuff on my own.  (I actually originally made my artwork have bars on the horizontal or the vertical to fit static skins that I believed were the epitome of skins on the XBox at the time.......)

Just wanna take this time to thank you and Madmab for everything you've done and everything you continue to do.  Words couldn't explain the stuff I have close to release now and I can't wait to share them with you guys.  

Just gotta give people time to sort out the high quality artwork and videos and add new things.  I've got plenty to keep me occupied with the smaller systems in the mean time.

And that f*ing Gameboy

Thanks everyone,
~Rx

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2009, 07:13:00 AM »

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and finally the box with your "harem" pic if it's what you want?
IPB Image

for watara, i haven't been able to find a high quality boxart yet

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »

2600 are perfect man.

And yes, a harem is what I want.  cool.gif

I hate to be picky, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind re-doing the Game Gear ones to have the border from this box:

IPB Image

(EDIT:  Not this particular box, since it's low quality, but a better quality shot)

I just think the other ones look too much like Master System (I thought they were Master System at first).  I think only a few Game Gear games used the boxes that you used and the Purple Game Gear border looks better.

Thanks!

alexis524

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »

hi guys, i've been following this scene and your projects for some time now and just wanted to let you know you guys are brilliant. thanks for keeping the scene very alive and kicking. I'm not sure if anyone is a member at underground gamer, but they have box/cart/screen art projects over there. i just grabbed the NES project to take a look and everything is packed in jpeg, nto sure if file name is an issue, but maybe it and similar projects could help. If it would help, let me know, i can either send a link via pm if it's against the rules, or even dl the projects and send them via rapidshare, megaload, or P2M. keep up the good work,

alexis

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »

Thanks for the offer Alexis.

I'm a member there and that's actually where I got most of the original boxart sets I worked with.   Now we've added tons of top-quality HD artwork from sources like thecoverproject, HyperSpin and boxart that we have touched up individually.  

We could always use help pulling work from thecoverproject if you're interested, but we've got the basic sets from UG already.

Thanks,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »

Let me figure out what we need.  

Tons of stuff has already been grabbed from there, but I know we could use more.

I'm knee deep in the Gameboy synopsis right now so I probably won't get to it right away.  Please remind me to look into this if I haven't answered you in a few days.

Thanks,
~Rx

Hey Gilles,

I'm going through Gameboy and know that we need at least Prototypes and Unlicenesed for now.  I'll let you know more as soon as I do.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »

Hey Gilles,

Finished up the Gameboy pretty much.  Have some more testing to do and need to see if I have to add new roms, but I believe I know what boxart we need for it.  Here is what we still need at this point:

Game Gear (Alternate Box, See Above): Prototype, No Boxart Available
Game Boy: No Boxart Available, Prototypes, Unlicensed

Thanks,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2009, 01:24:00 AM »

Hey Gilles,

I don't think we're going to find a great Supervision image.  I still have yet to find one....

Maybe we could just find a decent shot of the Supervision logo and you and your girl could come up with a good "Boxart Not Available" image.  

I trust your work...  wink.gif

I should have the ones we'll need for Gameboy Advance in a few days if things go according to plan.

Later,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »

Here's an update of what we still need Gilles:

Game Boy Color: No Boxart Available, Unlicensed, Prototypes, Pirate, Homebrew
Game Boy Advance: Unlicensed, Prototypes, Pirate, Homebrew, Special Releases (See Below)

The "Special Releases" for the Game Boy Advance are for roms that were playable on the Game Boy Advance if you had the Game Cube and a special game that had mini-games that were playable on a connected Game Boy Advance.

I'm thinking it would be cool to have a Game Cube on the boxart.  We could just call it "Special Releases" unless somebody knows what these roms were Officially called.  I can't find a name for the process of playing these mini-games on your GBA connected to the Cube.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2009, 04:11:00 AM »

Cool man... wasn't trying to rush you or anything.  Just added the GBC and the GBA since those synopsis/artwork collections are done and we're nearly done for the videos too.  

I'm still trying to find a better Game Boy (regular) boxart pack so I don't have to try to find the best images online one by one and do a ton of touch-ups like I'm doing with the Genesis now.  I'll probably have to do that though since I'm coming up empty in my search.  

After I get that done I'm going to re-visit some of the smaller systems and get them up to speed with where the rest of the Xtras are at, and then I'm going to get crackin' on the Wonderswan and the X68000.

~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

Have to update the list because we'll need a boxart done for Virtual Boy now too:

Colecovision: No Boxart Available, Prototypes, Homebrew
Colecovision ADAM: No Boxart Available
Game Boy Color: No Boxart Available, Unlicensed, Prototypes, Pirate, Homebrew
Game Boy Advance: Unlicensed, Prototypes, Pirate, Homebrew, Special Releases (See Above)
Virtual Boy: Homebrew

EDIT: I added the colecovision and ADAM entries above after making the post originally.

EDIT2: Hey Gilles.... What do you think about making a boxart of your own with the Pokemon Mini on it that will be the boxart for all 8 games?  It's completely your own creation man.  Whatever you want it to look like will be perfect.

I was thinking we could do the same thing with Chip8, since there obviously isn't any boxarts for Chip8 games.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »

Sweet bud.  Thanks!

Hope you and everyone else who celebrates it had a good Christmas.

I might not be as active as usual through the end of the year, but I'm going to get right back on this work when the holiday season has died down.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7