xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Grey Screen With Mednafenx-nes  (Read 330 times)

Dragon Ninja

• Archived User
Grey Screen With Mednafenx-nes
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »

Yes, I know this has been posted before, but I'll try to give a little more detailed explanation this time.

I'm using MednafenX-NES (since it's recommended here) and far too many games just won't start. Even classics like Castlevania! Instead, the screen becomes grey.

The following roms ends up as grey screens:

Contra
Probotector (Euro version)
Crystalis
Dragon Warrior 3
Castlevania
Castlevania 3
Gun.Smoke

I've checked all the faqs on these boards. Says nothing about this issue. I've tried everything in the settings without results. Please, help me. What am I doing wrong? Is there some configuration I have missed?

This post has been edited by Dragon Ninja: Feb 14 2008, 06:38 AM

Dragon Ninja

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »

Edit: I know it says "grey", it's supposed to say gray. Cannot edit the post however. Sorry about that.

alf4_n1n54

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »

Im not too sure, but you may have some bad roms. Some Roms Are made for specific emulators or are a "bad dump"

Dragon Ninja

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »

One of the roms has a "[!]" in the file extension, which means verified good dump. But it starts with a gray screen anyway. I don't get it. And I haven't made any changes in the settings to cause this.

This post has been edited by Dragon Ninja: Feb 17 2008, 04:41 PM

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 07:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dragon Ninja @ Feb 17 2008, 10:40 AM) *

One of the roms has a "[!]" in the file extension, which means verified good dump. But it starts with a gray screen anyway. I don't get it. And I haven't made any changes in the settings to cause this.

Try toggling the "Hack fix" game configuration option.  (Press X instead of A to select the game to play.)