xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: New Versions Of All Emulators And Source Release  (Read 1904 times)

takagen

• Archived User
New Versions Of All Emulators And Source Release
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »

just wana pop in and say thank you too, for making my xbox a multi all-in-one arcade machine.
thanks.

alexh

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 06:52:00 AM »

As always you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Hopefully you'll be available for initial questions for someone wanting to take up development of any of these emulators?

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 06:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(samsbak @ Nov 13 2007, 11:58 PM) View Post

what about the most important one???

Mameox! sad.gif

I released my changes to MAMEoX back to the MAMEoX team when I finished.  That was a long time ago and it was at that point that I washed my hands of that project.

QUOTE(althena @ Nov 14 2007, 01:50 AM) View Post

XPort, as so many times before, just let me say you again thank you very much for all the hard work you have done for the scene. As an old school gamer hardly a week passes by, where I don't play at least a short time a game with one of your projects and I am sure I will continue to do so for many years to come smile.gif

All these great emulators were the main reason for me to buy an Xbox in the first place, otherwise there were never so many games that interested me (Halo is great but I am not such a big fan of FPS games).

However I must say that this is a little sudden when I read this today  sad.gif  ohmy.gif  After CavestoryX and DidntXSpectrum I didn't feel, that you are planning to leave the scene and I hope that the discussion with the author of FUSE about the GPL problems didn't make you feel less motivated.

Wish you will have a good retirement and best wishes for your future life!  beerchug.gif

Although I did say it was *possible* that this could be the last thing I do on the XBox, it's probably more likely that I'll do some updates and maybe a new project or two.  I'll still be hanging around the forums.  I read this and the "Emulators" forums almost every day.  I don't have the time to answer every question, but I do try to stay connected to what's happening.

As for the question about the FUSE author, his reaction did make me want to get things finished quicker.  Again, I'm not really leaving.  

QUOTE(namrrac @ Nov 14 2007, 02:58 AM) View Post

Hey Xport just want to say thank you for all your hard work.  I've read through all your emulators and feel like your a good friend.  On a side note, should(when) the 360 gets hacked any chance for a return?

I don't know.  If the speed increase is really significant it might be interesting to see how well XBoyAdvance, PCSXBox, and other newer emulators run on it.  I'm interested, but free time seems to be ever decreasing.  

QUOTE(molto @ Nov 14 2007, 07:06 AM) View Post

Thanks for the new versions smile.gif ...But i have just a problem with Snes9XBox...when i launch Snes9XBox i have the option menus but when i load my roms i have just the sound and i have Black screen?..Strange because on my znesbox and xsnes9x 1.42 my roms work fine???...any idea for this problem?.

Thanks for your help^^

You answered your own question a little later and yeah it's related to the graphics filters.  Odd that it starts off like that for you.  If you start with that filter disabled and then change to the filter while in-game, does it work then?  

QUOTE(althena @ Nov 14 2007, 07:30 AM) View Post

Hello again XPort, I have one tiny little request, if it is not too much too ask: I played a little bit around with Snes9xBox and find it useful to have on my Xbox as it can play Star Fox 2 without any problems.
I wanted it to have a skin and modified the MednafenX-NES one a little with another MP3 (from Super Mario All Stars the same theme) and some Snes9x logos instead of the MednafenX ones.

I uploaded it in this thread: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=629548

However I noticed now, that it never stops playing the MP3 when starting a game, even if I change the setting "Stop playing BGM before playing game" to "Yes". Are there any chances for you fixing that without keeping you too much busy? Would be great, if it would not be too much work smile.gif Until then I know, that I can stop it in the music menu that opens by pressing the left analog stick.

Yeah I'm not surprised there are lots of little bugs in Snes9XBox.  Perhaps I'll do a touchup on it.  Anyone's welcome to fix it themselves, though.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 06:57:00 AM »

Yay for Xbox 1 homebrew

Cimlite

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »

Amazing work, just updating all the emulators like this has to have taken quite some time. Just wanted to say that I appreciate it and a big Thank you Xport! beerchug.gif

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »

So Atari7800 is a stripped down MESS??

Let's hope someone will finaly bring the Tandy Color Computer to the xbox!

I've been dreaming of this since 2003. I really hope to play this classic computer on my xbox someday!

Thank You for all your time and effort Xport. I'm a very nostalgic person, and your emulators bring out the kid in me everyday I play them!

beerchug.gif

See you on the 360 wink.gif

blackdiamond

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »

Thank you XPort...!

I've always loved your releases. Good luck for the future!!!

beerchug.gif

best regards, BD

althena

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(XPort @ Nov 14 2007, 02:55 PM) *

Although I did say it was *possible* that this could be the last thing I do on the XBox, it's probably more likely that I'll do some updates and maybe a new project or two.  I'll still be hanging around the forums.  I read this and the "Emulators" forums almost every day.  I don't have the time to answer every question, but I do try to stay connected to what's happening.

As for the question about the FUSE author, his reaction did make me want to get things finished quicker.  Again, I'm not really leaving.

It makes me feel so much better now to know, that you are not planning to go forever  biggrin.gif If it is just about patience, that was never a big issue for me, I have my Xbox now almost 5 years and it feels like I did buy it just yesterday wink.gif
So take your time and come back when you feel like it, of course it should also be fun for you working on your projects and not just for us the users smile.gif

QUOTE(XPort @ Nov 14 2007, 02:55 PM) *

Yeah I'm not surprised there are lots of little bugs in Snes9XBox.  Perhaps I'll do a touchup on it.  Anyone's welcome to fix it themselves, though.

Well, I can't do it myself as I never learned programming but as I said above, I have patience and also just wanted to give some feedback or a bug report wink.gif

Thanks again for the Snes9xBox again by the way. Even though I will use primarily ZsnexBox for now it feels somehow strange and nice the same time to have a Super Nintendo emulator with your XPort GUI now. Very often I was thinking how nice it would be to have next to a GB/GBA, Mega Drive, Master System and NES emulator a Super Nintendo with the GUI from you just to have a standardized design for all the old classic systems from Nintendo and Sega wink.gif

About the problem with the graphic filters: I just tried what you suggested, I started a few games with filters disabled and tried a few while in game and the screen becomes just black too. Well, not such a big problem for me, I seldom use them and love pixels  love.gif

VampX

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

ekszbox

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »

Awesome work, thanks for contributing so much to the scene.

KM

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »

HOLY S***
That was indeed a pleasant surprise.  love.gif

pelago

• Recovered User
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

Many thanks for all your work Xport, and thanks for releasing the up-to-date source.

It would be great if someone could take this source and mount it on a site like sourceforge. That would hopefully make it easier for other people to (collaboratively) work on the source. I worry a little that the source might disappear otherwise and all the good work might get lost!

Thanks again.

88 Ecko Unltd 88

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »

bassquake

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »

Much appreciated but...

Ive tried DOSXbox v13, Snesxbox v1 and WinUAEX v17 and all of them dont work properly.

DOSXbox briefly flashes "Loading" when selected a game. Have to reboot.

Snesxbox goes black when selecting a game. Have to reboot.

WinUAEX freezes when selecting a game. Have to reboot.

Strange thing is, the older ones are no longer working now, Ive been using DOSXbox v12 and WinUAEX v16 before. Now theyre having the same problem. They were working fine before I tried the new versions. Has something changed to the config files or something??? Though I dont know why the Snesxbox wouldnt work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

ps. pcsxbox v19 works and so does its older v18.

This post has been edited by bassquake: Nov 14 2007, 08:26 PM

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »

I can honestly say I bought my first xbox because of Xport! I got into consoles/modding because of him! Thank you Xport for getting me off the computer and into my living room for my emulation "sessions"! beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8